Why become a member? ×

Ahoy Hoy!

Bassmidget209

Hello everyone, been lurking on the forums for a couple months now, thought I should join properly. Started back up on bass after a four year hiatus. Cobwebs are well and truly blown off now and been practicing/gigging for the past 9 months. Bass Rig at the minute is a MIM fender jazz bass modified with PJ quarterpoinders. That leads into an ashdown James's lomenzo distortion, ehx microsynth, devi-ever cherry pop, ibanez DE-7, finishing on a sansamp DI. No bass amp at the moment as I have no money or space so either DI'ing or using house amps unfortunately. But hey ho the kids need trainers and whatnot. Anyways not too sure what to say just thought I would say hi!

Mark

• Like 1

Hello Mark, all the way from South Wales.

Good to hear you started up bass again, and that you're playing despite the financial constraints of raising a family, and that you're managing to find time to practice and gig - very impressive

I never managed to do that. In fact, I had a "gap" in my playing....... of almost 25 years! :o  But I'm so glad I came back :)
Sounds like you don't need an amp just yet - unless you end up playing somewhere they won't let you play through the PA, for some reason
When I first played (many years back) it was almost unthinkable to allow a bass player to play through the PA!

Cheers matey
Marc

• Like 1

Yeah only time so far it was something of an issue was last week at a gig in Workington. There was no stage equipment like monitors etc. So I was playing through the PA but hearing it bounce off the back of the venue, was a bit weird. However it's the first time we've ever had an encore so maybe there's something I should be looking into there! 😄 Apart from that the house amps have done fine. They're almost always DI'd anyways in my experience so I'm not losing sleep over it. The bigger battle is getting my guitarist to understand that house guitar amps are rarely as reliable for sound quality and he needs to be using his own amp, but hey ho, not my circus not my monkeys!

• Haha 1