Why become a member? ×

Turn The Page

hiram.k.hackenbacker

12 hours ago, TrevorR said:

Scan the A4 pages as a 4 page document rather than as separate files. OnSong will read it that way and treat it as one song you can scroll up and down through. Quite simple...

I think I’ve found where I was going wrong. There is a toggle switch in the scanning app for choosing either JPG or PDF. It was set to JPG which is limited to one page. PDF obviously allows multiples. Thanks @TrevorR 👍

• Thanks 1

@TrevorR - yes, that works a treat. I’ve just scanned a multi page PDF and imported it to OnSong and it’s all there in one file. Quick question and I’ll stop pestering you 😀.

So now it’s in OnSong, the pages are stacked on top of each other instead of scrolling left to right, which is fine. If I get the BT200 and turn the page with that, I assume it instantly goes down to the next whole page or does it scroll down for as long as you have your foot on the switch? I’m hoping it’s the former cos I’m going to want the next bar in front of me fairly pronto.

Long time since I used PDFs but I’m 99.9% that it will move straight to the next page straight away. It does the same with OnSong format docs. One tap on the switch places the line below what’s visible at the top on the screen - just like “page turning”. With PDFs the pages are defined by the document on the OnSong format by what’s visible on screen.

I’m sure that buried in the mode options somewhere there is a slow scroll or autocue type option but the mode I use  is page up and down... You can check out the manual here...

https://www.airturn.com/support/product-support/product-manuals/bt200manual

——————————————

Here you go...

Mode 2 is scroll up and down.

Mode 3 is page up and down

3119B35B-6596-4723-9D35-C5798780D492.thumb.png.8ea268d6118c47eaae0494ea1abad9bc.png

If you cue up a playlist of songs the switches take you up and down pages within the song. At the start of a song left/switch 1 takes you to the start of the previous song in the playlist. At the end of the song right/switch 2 takes you to the start of the next tune in the playlist. Easier to do than to type.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I’ve had this happen to me before with Thomann, so I wasn’t overly surprised, but WTF are they thinking? 😂

BAB9C785-A342-4961-A83F-944E809356E3.jpeg

04D2E278-9AAA-4929-9515-FAD9723145EE.jpeg

85E1A4BF-5062-44D9-9A92-E36015511BF7.jpeg

That made me smile remembering my HX Stomp arriving from Andertons.

The shoebox sized manufacturer's packaging was delivered inside another box that must have been at least a cubic meter in size.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cato said:

That made me smile remembering my HX Stomp arriving from Andertons.

The shoebox sized manufacturer's packaging was delivered inside another box that must have been at least a cubic meter in size.

Yes, Anderson’s did that to me with my Line 6 Relay G75. The box was astonishingly large.

I’ve just checked the other much larger box that arrived with the B200S-2 and it’s the wrong product entirely. Someone was having a bad day at Thomann HQ last week I reckon.

• Like 1

Well, I charged it last night and hooked it up to my iPad this morning. Connection took seconds and it works like a dream.

As previously mentioned in the thread, you can configure what the buttons do very easily. It comes set as turn page left and right with the two switches. The page flip is almost instant. Not only that, but paging right scrolls down if it’s more than can fit on the screen at the start and a further click right then moves over to the next song when it reaches the end of the tune. The left button undoes whatever you’ve done with the right. This is using On Song by the way. I’m not sure what other programs do.

Very impressed by the build. Looks bomb proof and is very dinky. Much smaller than I expected, but functionality is not compromised by it.

• Thanks 1

Most of mine do start life on paper, but as you’ve evidenced, a lot of songs multiplied by a few bands and it easily gets out of hand. I don’t play with some of the bands I dep for regularly enough to remember even half of it, so there has to be an accessible version readily to hand. Songs stretching to two or more pages just complicates things.

I play in a 12-piece band and each instrument has a pad of about 325 arranged, multi-page, printed charts - so that's nearly 4000 charts!  Myself, I know most of the charts off by heart - but they still all always come along in the van for any deps etc.  We literally have a large wheeled trunk flightcase just for charts... :|
And yes, we're in the process of moving to tablets.:biggrin: