Why become a member? ×

Dug DP-3X vs Darkglass X Ultra

Wolverinebass

44 minutes ago, krispn said:

Look at this all civilised discussion :)

Given the very balanced and in-depth review provided by the OP, the right, albeit slightly mid scooped, tone had clearly been set for the rest of the thread!

But provided this pedal provides Ear Candy I don't think DP fans will be too disappointed 😉

Well they are defo an intriguing bunch - associated with Petra, signed up with a US Christian label, peaked at No.4 in the US Christian charts. And their very name: the cross of the King ....but have since sought to deny being a Christian metal band.

Can't deny the depth of some of their lyrics, though.

12 string bass, however, now that it is something both to be feared and admired in equal measure!

Just now, Wolverinebass said:

I hasten to say, I am a King's X fan. I'd never use Dug's tone though. Not my voice. If people want samples, I'll try and find 10 minutes over the weekend. I'll use a reamp DI so there can be no issues with technique or bass playing inconsistency.

Cool - cheers, matey. Look forward to it.

3 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Well they are defo an intriguing bunch - associated with Petra, signed up with a US Christian label, peaked at No.4 in the US Christian charts. And their very name: the cross of the King ....but have since sought to deny being a Christian metal band.

Can't deny the depth of some of their lyrics, though.

I believe they always identified as a band comprised of Christians, rather than a 'Christian band'. Dug renounced his faith a few years ago.

Incidentally, 'King's X' seems to be the American version of 'fanites'.

4 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I believe they always identified as a band comprised of Christians, rather than a 'Christian band'. Dug renounced his faith a few years ago.

Incidentally, 'King's X' seems to be the American version of 'fanites'.

First point is kinda interesting. But "Faith" I see that's a banned discussion topic, so I'd best get back onto mid-scoop pdq, before my short sojourn on BC comes to a crashing quick end 😂

Gotta fess that I have no idea of what 'fanites' are!

1 minute ago, Reaper said:

First point is kinda interesting. But "Faith" I see that's a banned discussion topic, so I'd best get back onto mid-scoop pdq, before my short sojourn on BC comes to a crashing quick end 😂

Gotta fess that I have no idea of what 'fanites' are!

It’s not really a discussion on faith, more an observation about how the band was seen and marketed.

Seems to me your a fan of both wiki and the band, which album did you like best and fave track on it (it’s only a mild diversion off topic and allowed in discussions, most threads go this way you will find!)

All I know is that if a proroguing thread is still running you should be fine discussing someone's band origins and former beliefs.

Just be careful not to get called out on being something you're not from a post - stranger things have happened on BC threads 😀

Edited by krispn

9 minutes ago, krispn said:

All I know is that if a proroguing thread is still running you should be fine discussing someone's band origins and former beliefs.

Just be careful not to get called out on being something you're not from a post - stranger things have happened on BC threads 😀

I take it that doesn’t count as politics.....?!

There will Be filibustering and everything....

Edited by Cuzzie

4 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

It’s not really a discussion on faith, more an observation about how the band was seen and marketed.

Seems to me your a fan of both wiki and the band, which album did you like best and fave track on it (it’s only a mild diversion off topic and allowed in discussions, most threads go this way you will find!)

Right back at you buddy! Let's get folk who are 'fessed-up King's X fans e.g. @Wolverinebass, @Cosmo Valdemar, you(?) answering that particular question! :) 

@Reaper

That’s my bad it was your ‘Ear Candy’ reference which, considering the thread title, sparked my initial KX album chat as I thought you might’ve a fan.

All this crowing about ‘best’ album servers no practical purpose other than to detract from what the OP and established users think is a versatile pedal. I’d not want to put people off the scent who might otherwise be interested irrespective of the KX connection.