Can'tthinkofausername

SOLD Squier VM 70s Jazz Bass with significant improvements FURTHER PRICE DROP £220
£260
Near Oxford and M40 J7 or J8

FURTHER PRICE DROP TO £230 £220

Offering up my Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz Bass for sale. These are highly regarded and for good reason: fantastic quality, super-solid and with a beautiful neck. Plays as well as any bass I own or have owned, and with a Gotoh 201 bridge, Di Marzio DP 123 pick-ups and a Kiogon ‘push/pull’ loom will be more than a match for many other modern Jazzes. Knobs swapped out too for a more authentic look. A few small bruises as shown. Selling as it just doesn’t get the playing time it truly deserves and I just seem to be more of a Precision man!  Original pickups also supplied. Collection from near Oxford initially please: questions welcomed!

77C941AE-9096-4B21-949A-69C0FC406754.jpeg

6A6687DE-7211-4027-951F-EBF7573CA09B.jpeg

BAC04F01-9452-4AEA-BA2F-E314981A1B6C.jpeg

F9F2FB5D-E84A-4615-9F55-CEACA7CA6ADA.jpeg

7BA5C56C-199D-4A96-A01D-70DB4FF8057D.jpeg

52026097-9C4A-4A1E-AB4F-FAB7AA813E92.jpeg

Edited by Can'tthinkofausername
Sold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Can'tthinkofausername said:

Using the ‘weigh myself then weigh myself holding it’ method, 10 lb 8 oz. But currently on hold pending agreement of arrangements for collection...

Thanks

A few minor dings aside, I doubt there's a better Jazz out there at this price.  Postage now considered (probably 'neck-off' given the apparent lack of bass boxes at my local music shops!), along with possible trades for CV/Matt Freeman P Bass with cash your way if necessary...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Beautiful Overwater fretless bass, custom made for the original owner around 2005.
      The bass has a stunning quilted maple top and a nice green/blue burst finish. The fretboard is made of ebony.  It's an active bass.
      Pics:

There are several cosmetic damages to be found around the bass; dents, scratches, missing paint chips; battle scars. The fretboard shows signs of use but is definitely in very good condition. All hardware and electronics function like they should. The bass plays very well and has plenty of the mwah you want from a decent fretless. 
      An original, high quality Overwater gigbag/softcase is included.
      Now €1.150
      I am located in the Netherlands, but happy to ship at buyers risk (insured, well packed)
    • By musicbassman
      This is my Squier Vintage Modified five-string Jazz Bass. I bought this a couple of years ago to see if I wanted to change to a five string, but having played a four string bass for the last 50 years I have to accept I’m too old to change now !  I first advertised this on here just before lockdown but now there's possibly a light at the end of the Covid tunnel it's back up for sale.
      It dates from 2017, is all original and everything works perfectly. Strings were new on when I bought it (Rotosound medium gauge roundwounds) and as it’s only had very light home use they are still very bright. Pickups are loud and clean and there is a huge tone range on the instrument. It's a lot of bass for the money.
      The scratchplate shown was already fitted when it was purchased. There are a few minor marks and chips on the finish which are shown in the pics, these are cosmetic only and came with the bass when I bought it. Instrument comes with a hard case which is very solid and serviceable.
      You can arrange for this to be sent to you by courier if you wish, it's in a good solid case so should be fine, your responsibility to arrange this. Preferably the buyer collects from Chichester where I live or you could collect from London. (My son lives in London at Fulham and you can easily collect it from there by arrangement)
      Here’s the original sales information:
      Squier's five-string Vintage Modified Jazz Bass® V has a handsome white gloss finish, a soft maple body and one-piece maple neck with sharp-looking, elegant black binding and block inlays. Offering flexibility for today's modern styles that demand a deep low end, this bass offers superior sound and feel for the five-string bassist, with excellent Squier performance and value. Featuring a Soft maple body, Vintage-tint maple neck with “C”-shaped profile, 20-fret fingerboard with black binding and black block inlays, Dual Fender®-designed single-coil Jazz Bass pickups, Black pickguard, Five-string standard vintage-style bridge with single-groove saddles. The neck on this model sports a vintage-tinted gloss finish for a highly desirable aged look. This model has a slightly thinner "C"-shaped neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) than most models, providing a fast, smooth and comfortable fret-hand feel. These Fender-designed pickups are full of growling, authentic Fender tone.
      Body Shape: Jazz Bass
      Body: Soft Maple
      Body Finish: Polyester sharp-looking black binding and block inlays
      Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
      Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
      Weight: 10lbs approx

• By FEND3R
      SOLD

1990 Fender Custom shop fretless Jazz Bass. As you can expect from a John Page era custom shop bass – a superb instrument and one of the earliest Fender fretless jazz basses that I have seen from Fender (after the extremely rare ones from the 70s).
      As one can expect the bass has been played a lot and shows a lot of dings and dongs, patina on the hardware, etc., but is all original and in perfect functional condition: straight neck with more place in the truss rod to adjust (it is not maxed out), all electronics and hardware work accordingly, action can be set very nice and low. The bass is superbly responsive, resonates extremely well with great dynamics and the harmonics are just amazing – it both sings and does the “mwah” just as well. I have not made any attempts to renew the hardware (remove the patina), because IMHO it gives it character, but if you wish my bass tech can do that prior to shipping. Width at nut is 38mm and the bass weights 4,07kg. according to my home scale. It comes with a black tolex case, probably not original.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/xzum76RP3hJfic3s5
      Why am I selling it if its such a great bass – I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the vintage precisions. The asking price is less than what it costed me, but can consider sensible offers. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU.  
      You can check my feedback here : 

• By Dee-bass
      Beautiful Anaconda custom Ultra J5 A3. 
      Great condition & strung with DR Blues.
      This is a custom special order hand made instrument.
      It’s had a recent full service & set up by Andy Warnock. The action is set Low & plays superbly. Very light & comfortable, Perfectly balanced on a strap. 
      American Walnut Top
      Swamp Ash body 
      Wenge Fingerboard
      Hipshot Tuners
      Glockenklang Pre Amp/ Active & Passive 
      Woodhead low output pickups, very sweet sounding 
      Brass Nut 
      Hipshot adjustable bridge 
      Poss open to trades

• By waylander
      Hey All
      Update : so I think it’s either the eq on the amp and/or the bass itself. I dug my old thunderbird out and initially had the same issue.
      with that one turning the tone right up helped bring the sound out more. However the jazz didn’t work with the same treatment
      original post:
      ive got a fender jazz bass with a quiet open A string problem. When played acoustically or with an mxr thump pedal it’s fine, all sounds equal. However when just going into the amp going from a fretted note to an open the sound drops noticeably.
      one thing that might/might not be related is the four middle magnets on the pickups are elevated, idk why it was done by its previous owner and I haven’t got round to getting it sorted. 

it could be how the settings on my amp are. I haven’t played around much to find my tone yet so if there’s any eq suggestions I’m open to them

any thoughts on what’s causing it?