Why become a member? ×

Line 6 g75 battery question

stewblack

That's more than likely to do with the performance of the cell than anything, the times are simply converted from the voltage readings. Some cells can have steeper drop-offs than others, so try a different brand or chemistry if it keeps happening. Mine's been really accurate so far, I always run it on Philips alkalines 'cos that's what the nearest shop sells!

• Like 3

@Vinny spoke wise words. There are several manufacturers and their chemistries and capacities vary. I would always use a new pair of the same brand. Mixing batteries is the way to, well, you know.

It is reasonable to use certain brand for some time if you want to know their exact performance.

Change your transmitter to low power too. If you are just on a standard sized stage (eg anything but Wembley), chances are that the high power is doing nothing but churning away at your battery capacity.

Best advice is get a set of Eneloops (Just the standard white AAs) and a decent charger. You’ll be sorted. Best practice as above, is to charge them after every gig. Eneloops don’t lose any significant charge whilst not being used... so they’ll be ready to go, even if a gig comes in at late notice.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2019 at 12:57, PaulFenderJazz said:

On a wider topic, are you all happy with the G75 as a wireless system for bass? I see it’s on offer at Andertons which is really tempting....

cheers

I bought it because of the price. I had one conflict with, of all things, the drummer using a wireless of a different make on his keytar (I know) which caused me to experience a weird lagging latency. He ent stright to the PA via cable and all was good.

Otherwise no issues at all. I like the size of the unit, I like being able to power off a 9v supply or a usb, I like being able to set it up for different basses and save the set ups, and I like the tuner.

On 09/10/2019 at 12:57, PaulFenderJazz said:

On a wider topic, are you all happy with the G75 as a wireless system for bass? I see it’s on offer at Andertons which is really tempting....

cheers

They are on offer in the UK because they have failed a German broadcast compliance test, and despite assurances from Line6 that a compliant update is on its way, 12 months on nothing has appeared.

So long as you don't mind that this device has been essentially discontinued and you may run into problems if you intend to use it outside of the Uk, you will be fine.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, jimmy23cricket said:

Hi Stew

Resurrecting this as I have a question. How does the G75 work with a front end multi-fx? Something like a Zoom or Helix?

Thanks

Just jumping in mate, I use my G75 with a Helix and it’s absolutely fine. Best wireless system I’ve used.