Why become a member? ×

Reporting for dooty

Bill Yellow

Well, I was happy just playing bass occasionally at church. Now joined a rock covers band and having to invest a bit more in gear, and of course time in learning rock songs.

Eventually we might get enough repertoire to make a demo and get some rowdy pub gigs. What joy!

I use an old US-built Peavey Foundation bass. Which had some dodgy electronics and just didn't make the cut for a rock 5-piece. So I had the J-style pickups swapped for US Bartolini Classic humbucking soapbars (passive electronics, with coil split on the tone control). Now it really makes its presence felt and has plenty of tonal variety.

That's enough for now. Oh, and hello everybody!

B.

Edited by Bill Yellow
typos
  • Like 2

Welcome aboard.

So now of course you have set us the challenge of working out what your pseudonym means.😁

I'm guessing that when you were at school you kept saying "Two can play at that game", so you acquired the nickname "Toucan". But you use that on other boards and don't want GCHQ or your missus to make the connection,  so you've gone to YellowBill, and then to Bill Yellow. But, my friend, you made one tiny error and used the same picture...

Edited by Richard R
corrected typo
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard.

So now of course you have set us the challenge of working out what your pseudonym means.😁

I'm guessing that when you were at school you kept saying "Two can play at that game", so you acquired the nickname "Toucan". But you use that on other boards and don't want GCHQ or your missus to make the connection,  so you've gone to YellowBill, and then to Bill Yellow. But, my friend, you made one tiny error and used the same picture...

Welcome Bill. 

To my thinking Bill is a Yoda fan and after he had met Yoda, Yoda was heard to say "A nice fellow Bill Yellow is". When in fact , being a toucan, the correct expression is Yellow Bill.

Edited by Bobthedog