Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Bass clearance at guitarguitar

jonno1981

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/clearance/phil-jones/?InStockOnly=False&MaxPrice=&MinPrice=&ClearanceType=&Colour=&Shape=&Pickup=&Ordering=1

Sorry if this isn't allowed but I spotted this and thought it would be worth sharing here. 

Some really amazing prices on this stuff. Half price headphones, bass buddies for £199 etc. 

Edited by jonno1981
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gjones said:

Very good prices. I wonder why they're flogging them so cheap?

A fair bit is acoustic amplification and PJ don't have the rep of some other companies I guess. Same probably goes for bass stuff, albeit to a far lesser extent. Either way, I imagine it's just sitting there on shelves, costing them money, so get rid and make room for stuff that sells faster. Good news for us :) .

Out of interest would the Bass Buddy be worth getting if you already have something like a HX Stomp to cover off headphone amp duties?

I see it has an EQ and comp, but then so does the Stomp. And I almost certainly wouldn't be making use of its 10W output. 

I could have been tempted by a Bighead just because of its compactness, but sadly none in this sale.

37 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Out of interest would the Bass Buddy be worth getting if you already have something like a HX Stomp to cover off headphone amp duties?

I see it has an EQ and comp, but then so does the Stomp. And I almost certainly wouldn't be making use of its 10W output. 

I could have been tempted by a Bighead just because of its compactness, but sadly none in this sale.

My advice is to just get a Big Head. It’s more compact than the Bass Buddy - appreciably more compact than the Stomp, thus making it worthwhile having as an alternative standalone headphone amp. My Big Head lives in the tiny pocket at the top of my gig bag, always charged, for those occasions when a plug socket isn’t nearby for my Stomp. 

• Thanks 1