Why become a member? ×

Vanderkley 210MNT 8 ohm

zelak999

First post here so please be gentle!

I’m in the ‘need’ of some new bass cabs as the Gallien Krueger 410RBH I’m using is a bit chunky for lugging around.

Ive been looking at getting 2 of the Vanderkley 210MNTs for flexibility on the smaller gigs and I prefer a higher ‘stack’.

Any of you good folks using these and can offer your thoughts?

I’ve noted the frequency response is 45hz - 13khz and I’m a bit worried about lack of bottom end when compared to the GK cab that has 31hz up.

Any thoughts very welcome.

3 hours ago, zelak999 said:

I’ve noted the frequency response is 45hz - 13khz and I’m a bit worried about lack of bottom end when compared to the GK cab that has 31hz up.

An SVT 810 only goes down to 40hz.

You will have a ton of low end. These cabs like Bergantino really control the low end so you get no boom or mud, just full and clear notes.

• Like 1

VK 210 MNT 8ohm has a great deal going for it in terms of quality. I certainly rated mine.

At a similar size / weight / power handling and price point - I'd recommend also checking out the Fearless F112, a cab which really does knock it out the park.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Acebassmusic said:

I have played gigs using my mates 2 x 210 VK set up and fear not.....definitely no lack of bottom end...or top end.....or mid either. 1 cab can go rather loud but 2 is just oooooh! 😁  Time to save my pennies I think.

Just to add....I went to see my mate play in his 5 piece band last night (vocals, keys, guitar drums n bass). They were overall quite loud but the bass was the most prominent instrument in the mix.......and he was only using one cab!

• Like 1

A bit late to the party , but I was a dyed in the wool Markbass amp and cab user until I joined a two guitar band , ( loud ) . 

Suddenly I just could not hear myself at the gigs  so I did the pilgrimage up to Warwick and got myself the VK212MNT . What a difference , suddenly I could hear myself I the band despite the best efforts of Mr Mesa Boogie and Mr Marshall to drown me out , It was punching through the mix like Mohammed Ali. 

I quit the loud rock band , it was playing havoc with my hearing , and I downsized to the 210MNT ,and I have done loads of gigs with a single 210 and never found it lacking ,even some seriously loud pub gigs . It bearly breaks into a sweat in a normal 3 piece pub rock band ,so I can only imagine 2 to be more of a good thing .

Still use the Markbass amps , they seem to go well with the VK cabs .

• Like 2

My 2 x 210MNT cabs have arrived today. Only connected one so far and it’s certainly loud! I did notice that I had to crank up the low end a fair bit more than the GK RBH410 cab I’ve been using. Can’t wait to try out both cabs together.

started looking for a better amp now 🙄😂😂

• Like 1