Why become a member? ×

Another poweramp question

clauster

I'm thinking of upgarding from my little combo to a bigger rig.

I'm consider biamping. My question is is it okay to run a four ohm load on one channel and an 8ohm on the other? My logic says it should be fine, but I'd just like to get some feedback before making an expensive mistake.

[quote name='Ba55me15ter' post='37898' date='Jul 27 2007, 12:23 PM']Although don't get too set on the biamping idea. I tried it (with a 'suitable-for biamping' advertised pair of cabs) and didn't like it. Sounds much better full range into both.[/quote]
That's usually the case with cabs that are 'suitable for' rather than 'optimized for'. True subs and tops don't work well at all when not crossed over, either passively or electronically.

Aha Bill!

It's your cabs I'm thinking of using (O10 at 4ohm and T39 at 8ohm)

Good to know it can be done without probs on the power amp side, now I've just to persuade the wife that I need houseroom for a bigger rig.

Edited by clauster

[quote name='clauster' post='40113' date='Aug 1 2007, 06:07 PM']It's your cabs I'm thinking of using (O10 at 4ohm and T39 at 8ohm)[/quote]

Check out the new Omni 15TB as well, for an all-in-one solution:

Though if I didn't already have some small cabs I'd seriously consider the O10 plus T39 to give me a modular solution.

Alex