Why become a member? ×

Postage and price ?

J66Bass

Hello probably so many talk on that subject but I need your help and advice; l like and need to post a bass on Monday ,uk to uk I probably going to use parcel force 24 or DHL what is the average you basschatter paid including insurance, thanks 

Parcelforce only insure up to £100 for instruments.

It depends on the weight, and dimensions of the parcel when it’s wrapped.

Best to use Interparcel or Parcel 2 go. You can add insurance to the delivery price, but check before you pay that there are no exclusions for musical instruments.

• Like 1

Just a quick beware when using say UPS or DHL via third parties like Parcel2Go. Be careful which set of T&C's take precedent. You might find the the courier covers but the third party doesn't.

I'm not saying that this is the case with the mentioned couriers above as I've not looked but I know that some have fallen foul using third parties in the past.

I have sent a few basses through Parcel2Go and have found Parcelforce to provide a reliable and generally reasonably well priced service, however as said above it is dependant on the dimensions of the wrapped up parcel and I have found they will only offer a 48hr service on occasion. The cost could be anything from around £13.00- £35.00 ish. It needs to be sent in a proper hard case and then inside a strong cardboard box also to get full insurance cover. I think they are well known for trying to wangle out of paying out over instruments even if packaged correctly, so personally I have always sent on a buyer's risk basis.

3 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Parcelforce T&Cs prohibit musical instruments for insurance, don’t use them.

Thanks for clarifying that situation Lozz, I don't want to be misinforming anyone, just what I understood of the general insurance situation. As I have sent on "at your risk" basis, I have never looked too deeply into the full insurance thing. 

• Like 1

It’s a beggar, I wish on these online bookings they had specific drop-downs to choose from for contents, and that when something excluded came up it then both advised and wouldn’t allow the purchase of insurance. But no, they will let you buy it, then if it gets broken/lost refuse payout and say it’s up to the purchaser to read all exclusions etc.