Why become a member? ×

One or two...?

bassmayhem

For tomorrow's gig I asked my guitard: "Shall I use one or two?"
Without hesitation he said "TWO!"

That demands an explanation. We are gigging on one of the town's bigger stages, with massive PA support. Massive!
Still, it is nice to have a lot of air pressure behind the back, so I go for a twin 810 setup with two tube heads.
Necessary? Heck no! Will it feel good and look good? Absolutely!

48211982761_d144cb32c4_o.jpg
They are not identical, but close enough. I have to work a bit with getting the cabs equally high. Just for visual appearance.
The Super Bassman into Bassman 810 Neo, daisy-chained to Bassman 100T into Hughes & Kettner 810, masked as a Fender cab. Jule Amps Monique in front of everything.

This is surely the first and last time I do a stupid thing like this, but I can always blame the guitard: "You said I should!!!" 😁😁😁

Edited by bassmayhem
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/09/2019 at 13:29, bassmayhem said:

For tomorrow's gig I asked my guitard: "Shall I use one or two?"  Without hesitation he said "TWO!"  ... ...!

They are not identical, but close enough. I have to work a bit with getting the cabs equally high. Just for visual appearance.
The Super Bassman into Bassman 810 Neo, daisy-chained to Bassman 100T into Hughes & Kettner 810, masked as a Fender cab. Jule Amps Monique in front of everything.

This is surely the first and last time I do a stupid thing like this, but I can always blame the guitard: "You said I should!!!" 😁😁😁

As long as you've got the manpower to move 'em, then "TWO" is always the right answer!  Even if you really only use the 100T, . . . in 25 watt mode!!  Always take two!!!

😎

On 06/09/2019 at 19:29, bassmayhem said:

For tomorrow's gig I asked my guitard: "Shall I use one or two?"
Without hesitation he said "TWO!"

That demands an explanation. We are gigging on one of the town's bigger stages, with massive PA support. Massive!
Still, it is nice to have a lot of air pressure behind the back, so I go for a twin 810 setup with two tube heads.
Necessary? Heck no! Will it feel good and look good? Absolutely!

There is a very simple way to get around the problem of them not being equal in height - simply stack them vertically like this. 🤪

Screenshot_20190911_131536_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Painy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2