Why become a member? ×

Sire M7 Version 2?

Dood

1 hour ago, Dood said:

Right, one incoming, will report back in a few days.

I shall watch with interest, for I, too am intrigued. At the price point I'm not expecting the one bass to rule them all, but 2 pickups with coil switching and a 3 band eq with mid-sweep should give some varied tonal options.

1 hour ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

I shall watch with interest, for I, too am intrigued. At the price point I'm not expecting the one bass to rule them all, but 2 pickups with coil switching and a 3 band eq with mid-sweep should give some varied tonal options.

Hey Alex,

Yeah, I guess what I am expecting at the price point is a nice little machine to bash about on and be a gigging spare or something like that. Though with that in mind, someone I know who has been playing them a lot has high praise for the higher spec models. I'm also looking forward to seeing if I am going to be pleasantly surprised too. All of the specifications point toward the sort of thing I would look for, so it's looking positive. You know what one of the most impressive things about the bass is for me? It's silly, but a sweepable mid that goes down to 80hz! Finally! At last!! I immediately want a circuit that will do that in my usual basses!

Doooood

Dan, you arent getting me to spend more money this time 🙂

I love Sires, especially the Gen 2 V7 and P7's, and i have tried a M7. Lovely neck, as expected with all the Sires, feels nice to play and with quite a nice meaty tone (coming from a mainly P and Jazz background). I too was very happy to find the Sire preamp to have a sweepable mid, and yes, that magic 80hz is in all the Sires, BUT......it bugger to rest against an amp. it just falls over lol.

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, redbandit599 said:

Hi Dood - any update on this, quite like the look of these 🙂

I’m afraid that the B-Stock example I snagged had to go straight back. I can comment on sound and quality of paint job, but sadly the set up had problems that set the instrument well outside of the B-Stock description. I wouldn’t take that as a general commentary on the M7 though and I do want to try one that would be considered ‘brand new’ before I reviewed.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2019 at 14:16, Dood said:

I’m afraid that the B-Stock example I snagged had to go straight back. I can comment on sound and quality of paint job, but sadly the set up had problems that set the instrument well outside of the B-Stock description. I wouldn’t take that as a general commentary on the M7 though and I do want to try one that would be considered ‘brand new’ before I reviewed.

I'm looking at the M7 with interest too. Having recently converetd back to 5-strings a Gen.2 M7 fiver might scratch an itch

• 1 month later...

I bought an M7 and V7 when they first came out. Never looked at another bass. They are absolutely stunning sound wise. The V7 is classic jazz bass and plays like a dream. The M7 does grow on you but the tones are up there with the best and I’ve owned Rays, Corvettes, Jazz basses etc. 

On 24/11/2019 at 08:56, cclowend said:

I bought an M7 and V7 when they first came out. Never looked at another bass. They are absolutely stunning sound wise. The V7 is classic jazz bass and plays like a dream. The M7 does grow on you but the tones are up there with the best and I’ve owned Rays, Corvettes, Jazz basses etc. 

Thank you for the picture too!

I spent many years with the Hartke 4.5XL cabinets too. I do love them things, even if they didn't help me with a Hernia!!!!