Why become a member? ×

Blooper

ben4343

I love love love the Knobs demos on Youtube - well worth checking out. I also enjoy irritating my girlfriend with weird noises from effects pedals, so was super psyched when Knobs announced they were designing their own noise maker, the Blooper. I have watched all of their update videos, and was waiting patiently to hear something about a release to support the channel and their efforts, and I have just found out it is on Kickstarter.

For 500 bucks.

Plus tax.

Is this right?? I mean, I have basically stopped buying pedals so I can justify my very occasional Red Panda habit, but 600 dollarydoos for a pedal is unbelievable. I don't really know what I expect to achieve from posting, I'm just feeling a bit crushed (hurr hurr) and needed to vent, haha!

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, ben4343 said:

I love love love the Knobs demos on Youtube - well worth checking out. I also enjoy irritating my girlfriend with weird noises from effects pedals, so was super psyched when Knobs announced they were designing their own noise maker, the Blooper. I have watched all of their update videos, and was waiting patiently to hear something about a release to support the channel and their efforts, and I have just found out it is on Kickstarter.

For 500 bucks.

Plus tax.

Is this right?? I mean, I have basically stopped buying pedals so I can justify my very occasional Red Panda habit, but 600 dollarydoos for a pedal is unbelievable. I don't really know what I expect to achieve from posting, I'm just feeling a bit crushed (hurr hurr) and needed to vent, haha!

That sounds...pricey! :o

Well pricey - I'd want it to play the bass for me at that price!

I just had a quick look and while $500 seems pricey, it might not be that outrageous depending on the functionality. Boss loopers can go over £400 so a boutique pedal with a stock of esoteric functions might well command a higher price when you consider the R&D cost and, presumably, low volume sales numbers.

Whether it's worth it is, of course, a matter of personal opinion.

Edited by Skinnyman

33 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

I just had a quick look and while $500 seems pricey, it might not be that outrageous depending on the functionality. Boss loopers can go over £400 so a boutique pedal with a stock of esoteric functions might well command a higher price when you consider the R&D cost and, presumably, low volume sales numbers.

Whether it's worth it is, of course, a matter of personal opinion.

Sure thing. It's obvious from the videos that they have spent an age developing this, and I'm sure they have calculated what return they need for their time investment. It's just that, for me, it turns out 500 is something of an arbitrary tipping point between justifiable and unjustifiable expense. And that makes me a sad panda...

• Like 1

Loopers can get mental expensive so while I'm not massively surprised at the price when you factor in the general cost level of Chase Bliss stuff that does certainly put it at the "not for me" price point.  Plus I already spent the big bucks years ago on a Boomerang III and between that and my Tensor I don't think the Blooper brings too much to the table for me.