Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble Studio & Fender Rumble stage - Discontinued?

NordicBard

Was looking to purchase a Fender Rumble Studio for home use and noodling in the basement. 

However, been unable to find any in stock in Danish stores, a few of them even listed it as "Discontinued" - Found that super weird so went to Thomann who also have it listed "On request" but when I wrote to Thomann they were uncertain the order would even go through. 

Have they been discontinued or did I just hit some weird moment where they either become super popular (Fender not keeping production up high enough) or Fender have problems sourcing a part? 

Read a few threads at another forum about the screen dying and Wifi problems - But unsure how big these problems are.

Edited by NordicBard

Hmmm, . . . .   American online vendors almost all show, "in stock, ready to ship" or a couple say, "more on the way".  It would be a major news story if such a new and popular amp line was discontinued by the manufacturer.  Most wifi problems I've read about seemed to be due to unclear instructions.  And the few screen blackouts have been immediately replaced under warranty.  I've had my Studio 40 only 5 months with no problems.

I would speculate that it's a temporary situation, possibly with some effect from international trade and tariff negotiations, which are causing some uncertainty.  As I recall, European vendors got the first deliveries of these amps in early 2018 soon after they were announced, while American shipments lagged a month, or so, IIRC.

Please keep us posted on your quest.  I wish you good luck.  I've had a lot of fun with mine.

On 07/09/2019 at 11:51, Jus Lukin said:

Have you played it with other musicians? I'm not looking for lots of volume, but I do wonder how well it will do for smaller gigs! I'm thinking drummerless duo/trio or a little blues and swing band in small rooms.

Oh, yes, indeed.  I play my Fender Rumble Studio 40 at a monthly Bluegrass Jam with, usually, 12 to 25(!) other acoustic musicians (no dummer) and never get the Master Volume over about 11 o'clock!

It should be perfect for your needs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got here - Have to say, this is a deceptive little beast. Weighs next to nothing but still puts out enough volume for jamming with a friend. 

It got tones for days and the blutooth streaming is simply brillant. 

Updated it with firmware 2.0 and discovered it had a Acoustasonic setting, tried it with my acoustic guitar and it took it like a champ!

Happy days here! 

IMG_20190919_174315.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 19/09/2019 at 10:49, NordicBard said:

Finally got here - Have to say, this is a deceptive little beast. Weighs next to nothing but still puts out enough volume for jamming with a friend. 

It got tones for days and the blutooth streaming is simply brillant. 

Updated it with firmware 2.0 and discovered it had a Acoustasonic setting, tried it with my acoustic guitar and it took it like a champ!

Happy days here! 

IMG_20190919_174315.jpg

That's great, @NordicBard!  Enjoy it in good health.

If you get a chance, try the DECODER Files linked here to help understand the stock presets.  Then try the Presets TEMPLATES Files also linked there to better understand all the DETAILS that go into all the stock presets.

https://www.talkbass.com/wiki/fender-rumble-club/#19-fender-tone-app-support

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a question if anyone can help I have a rumble studio 40 and I started to have some problems with the speaker cutting out, I talked to the store I got It from and I got a replacement, wouldn’t you know within 5 minutes playing the replacement it started to do the same thing, what do you think the problem might be I can’t seem to figure it out. the software is at it’s latest updated, I have tried multiple bass’s that I have and cables, dose anyone know what it might be 

WiFi & Bluetooth being on simultaneously is a known problem causing intermittent sound, per the Fender website.

WiFi should only be turned on when purposely downloading firmware updates, and not using Bluetooth at all. Occasional firmware update is the only function for the WiFi, which should more usually be off.

Bluetooth should only be used for connecting a phone or tablet with the Fender Tone App to control the amp, OR for streaming music to the amp;  but NOT both simultaneously.  Simultaneous Bluetooth purposes will also cause interference. If you want to practice along to music while using the Tone App, then use a hardwired 1/8 inch cable for the music stream.

Hope this helps.