Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 4 x 10 - are the inputs hybrid??

radiophonic

12 minutes ago, radiophonic said:

They seem to on other cabs they make - but I can't find a ref for this cab specifically. It's a really important gig for us, so I'm trying to be 100% sure, so I can worry about other things!

You could always give Alex a quick call at Barefaced? Am sure he'd be happy to confirm.

I'm fairly certain that they're hybrid - they certainly are on both the Barefaced cabs I own.

I often play gigs with cabs supplied (as transporting cabs by easyjet isn't going to happen), using my own head - I always have a  speakon to speakon and a speakon to 1/4" cable with me so I'm covered for whatever they throw at me.

25 minutes ago, Twigman said:

I'm fairly certain that they're hybrid - they certainly are on both the Barefaced cabs I own.

I often play gigs with cabs supplied (as transporting cabs by easyjet isn't going to happen), using my own head - I always have a  speakon to speakon and a speakon to 1/4" cable with me so I'm covered for whatever they throw at me.

Similarly I carry  Speakon/Jack cables with Speakon/Jack converter plugs as I also rarely use my own cabs.

1 hour ago, Beer of the Bass said:

In the case of a supplied cab that you can't check beforehand, I'd come prepared with speakon cables or adapters just in case.

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Similarly I carry  Speakon/Jack cables with Speakon/Jack converter plugs as I also rarely use my own cabs.

2 hours ago, radiophonic said:

I've spoken to the guy who's cab it is and he has some cable options anyway.

2 hours ago, Twigman said:

I always have a  speakon to speakon and a speakon to 1/4" cable with me so I'm covered for whatever they throw at me.

And, of course, all of these are the right answer.  Even if this situation is sorted, it'd cost you under a tenner, and you'd never live to regret it.

On 09/09/2019 at 21:09, radiophonic said:

It worked! However, due to the 'on the floor' placement of the cab and the biggish stage, I have never been simultaneously so loud and yet had to dig in so hard to get any definition. I'm sure the backs of my knees enjoyed the workout. 

was this Rescue Rooms - Macmillan fest by chance?

If so, you're welcome 🙂