Why become a member? ×

Tune Technology 6 for Sale/Trade Price Drop SOLD
£825
East Anglia

Gaucho 5

Sold to DEEPBASS, very nice chap, will love it I'm certain! Tune Technology: these were originally built in a well-known factory in Japan and quite sought after. The company split and one group started manufacturing these elsewhere Korea or Indonesia not sure? These were not as highly revered due to the lower rent hardware used in this change-over period. This has a Japanese body and neck rescued from the factory with superior fittings most added by the original owner:  Mk2 Bart pickups, Glock 3 band Pre, Gotoh tuners, Schaller bridge, brass nut! 19 mm spacing, extremely slim neck,  24 frets, Flamed Maple top. Couple of small marks in the back of the body, but in excellent nick, neck is ultra-slim! Unfortunately I've not found the time to progress with 6 strings , as nine years after changing exclusively to 5'vers I'm still learning! Cash is King, but I could find room for a another Lakland or Jazzy , maybe PBass 5'ver? will trade up or down, Collection or nearby meet only.

Gaucho

IMG_3473.jpg TT1.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg TT2.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg TT3.jpg

Edited by Gaucho 5
Additional Text
  • Like 3

Hi Stingray,

Couldn't agree more and thanks buddy! Took me a long time to find something with the 19mm string spacing and a slim. playable neck to dip my toe in with a 6'er!

Gaucho

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

TBH I was gobsmacked as my shoulder made it the second lightest bass I've owned in years, only a Jabba Custom I had felt lighter! Must be the balance of the instrument?

Gaucho

• 3 weeks later...

Having a bit of a mare with weights & measures!

From inside the top nut to the front of the bridge saddles I make it 34.25 as with a Jabba for example, take it to the string appearing up to the lower section of the saddle (just above the speaking length) it is 35?

So I would say 34.25?

Gaucho

• 1 month later...

Will give it a play as it's been in its case for a while now and unlikely to be in tune, that and randomly wiggle those peg things at the end of the neck, then see what happens...…..stand by??????

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic