Why become a member? ×

Backbeat sub pack. Who's got one, and how is it!!

CalDeep

Hey guys! 

Wondering peoples experience with Backbeats, or even better if there If I could bob round and try one. I soley use IEMs and no cabs these days so I'm thinking it Would suit me down to the ground. Theres also the argument of 'not needing the gimmick' and just cracking on. So yeah, just very keen to hear your thoughts :)

Cal 

They kinda work... and they may or may not be your thing. Personally, I think the feedback is in the wrong place. I prefer the Woojer strap placed on the hips.

The best solution is a board, like from P&D or Eich - but appreciate they can be a bit cumbersome to carry around.

• 1 month later...

Got one recently, I'm really impressed- only tried it at home and in a friends studio. I'm hoping it will come into its own for band practices and gigs. I expect it to replicate the 'Rig behind you' feeling with aplomb.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2019 at 17:12, EBS_freak said:

They kinda work... and they may or may not be your thing. Personally, I think the feedback is in the wrong place. I prefer the Woojer strap placed on the hips.

The best solution is a board, like from P&D or Eich - but appreciate they can be a bit cumbersome to carry around.

Can't the backbeat be used on your belt instead of on your strap as most people seem to use it?

25 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Can't the backbeat be used on your belt instead of on your strap as most people seem to use it?

It can do... but the sensation through your bum hole is a bit weird... unless that sort of thing turns you on. The woojer has two transducers, which is why it's nice when it's sits on your left and right hip. Additionally, if its worn on your chest, you get sensation on both your back and your chest.

It's all down to personal taste - both units have their merits and flaws... but both work - and it's down to personal preference to which you prefer.

15 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

It can do... but the sensation through your bum hole is a bit weird... unless that sort of thing turns you on. The woojer has two transducers, which is why it's nice when it's sits on your left and right hip. Additionally, if its worn on your chest, you get sensation on both your back and your chest.

It's all down to personal taste - both units have their merits and flaws... but both work - and it's down to personal preference to which you prefer.

I like the idea of the Woojer with the 2 transducers, but it looks a bit "consumer electronics", if you know what I mean!

2 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Its durability I mean. Whether the backbeat performs well or not, it looks like it's made to survive a beating.

Oh. Woojers are tough too. Backbeat has functional tough look though I guess... but both are up to the rigours of gigging, no problem.