Why become a member? ×

Finally Decided my first six string bass

uAdi

Ok so 2 posts later I’ve got down to this bass.

https://www.bajaao.com/products/cort-c6-plus-zbmh-6-string-electric-bass-guitar?variant=13041476206664

Does anyone owns this bass or a similar series bass? If yes please let me know if I should get it or not?

I was on a budget of 400 Dollars and thanks everyone for helping out! If you guys have any last minute suggestions, yall are welcome! I’ll wait for 2 days before ordering:D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Maude said:

And although I've no experience of that bass it looks nice and being Cort it should be good value for money and a decent playing instrument. 🙂

Thanks a ton friend! :D Yes I hope so! Gonna be so happy when it arrives :)

Wise to wait 2 days before ordering, You'll probably change your mind at least once!

Just looked up that SR306EB you were looking at and I'd be tempted by that if after a 6 string. I like the fact it has coil taps plus a fairly unique (in that I've never seen it before) 'powertap' option that gives you the growl of single coils combined with the low end of humbuckers. Not sure how that works but it sounds good for metal!

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

Wise to wait 2 days before ordering, You'll probably change your mind at least once!

Just looked up that SR306EB you were looking at and I'd be tempted by that if after a 6 string. I like the fact it has coil taps plus a fairly unique (in that I've never seen it before) 'powertap' option that gives you the growl of single coils combined with the low end of humbuckers. Not sure how that works but it sounds good for metal!

Ohh yea I had liked that bass a lot but it has medium frets and I think they wear much faster than the jumbo frets? 

57 minutes ago, uAdi said:

Ohh yea I had liked that bass a lot but it has medium frets and I think they wear much faster than the jumbo frets? 

Frets will wear at the same rate, i.e. very slowly. Stainless steel strings will produce more wear than nickels. I wouldn't make it a factor in the decision making process unless you prefer the feel of one fret type over the other. Many bassists prefer the thinner vintage frets, for instance Dingwalls come with them, and also new Fenders.

7 hours ago, uAdi said:

Ok so 2 posts later I’ve got down to this bass.

https://www.bajaao.com/products/cort-c6-plus-zbmh-6-string-electric-bass-guitar?variant=13041476206664

Does anyone owns this bass or a similar series bass? If yes please let me know if I should get it or not?

I was on a budget of 400 Dollars and thanks everyone for helping out! If you guys have any last minute suggestions, yall are welcome! I’ll wait for 2 days before ordering:D

Glad you've made a decision and enjoy playing the Bass👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

Frets will wear at the same rate, i.e. very slowly. Stainless steel strings will produce more wear than nickels. I wouldn't make it a factor in the decision making process unless you prefer the feel of one fret type over the other. Many bassists prefer the thinner vintage frets, for instance Dingwalls come with them, and also new Fenders.

Wow. Now I'm back to Square one! I checked out the SR306EB in depth and I really love the Split Coil system on it! But how is it that the more expensive series SR500 has the same electronics as that of the Cort C6 which I was gonna buy? 

16 hours ago, Maude said:

Your English is far better than most English people's Indian. 

Yup very true! 

And not least because, as @uAdi will be able to confirm, if you wander from the tip of Kashmir to the toe of Tamil Nadu you won't find a single language anywhere that is actually called 'Indian'!

In the same way  that if you try to find where English breakfast tea is grown in the England, you may struggle 😀

51 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Yup very true! 

And not least because, as @uAdi will be able to confirm, if you wander from the tip of Kashmir to the toe of Tamil Nadu you won't find a single language anywhere that is actually called 'Indian'!

In the same way  that if you try to find where English breakfast tea is grown in the England, you may struggle 😀

Teignmouth?

8 hours ago, uAdi said:

Wow. Now I'm back to Square one! I checked out the SR306EB in depth and I really love the Split Coil system on it! But how is it that the more expensive series SR500 has the same electronics as that of the Cort C6 which I was gonna buy? 

Don't be too swayed by my opinions on basses I've never seen or played! Ibanez must have chosen to go with named brand pickups for their more expensive model, doesn't mean they are necessarily better.

Maybe ask this dude on Youtube, plays a lot of metal and has the SR: