Why become a member? ×

Please suggest me a good bass !

uAdi

Ok so I’m posting a modified version of my older question because I agree it lacked a lot of information required.

Here’s the deal. 

I live in India and there’s only one website that I could buy a bass from and that is www.bajaao.com  (Any Indians who knows a better one please let me know)

All other websites like Sweetwater , Thomann etc would cost me very high import duties.

So here’s an insight of my budget and what kind of music i’m looking to play on the bass.

My Budget is 400 Dollars ( Around 29000 Indian Rupees)

I wanna play Necrophagist , Maiden and Opeth.

Can you please visit the website ( www.bajaao.com) and find me a nice bass that suits my needs? Because that’s the only place I could buy the bass from!

Please don’t ask me to go out and play some basses myself because my city doesn’t have any big music stores and everyone in my city gets their instruments from the website I mentioned.

So I can’t actually play them before I buy them.

Preferably a 5 String or 6 String !

Sorry for my bad English! 

Always annoying not to have a decent music shop any where near!

Any of the basses from the below search would be great.

https://www.bajaao.com/collections/bass-guitars?filters[custom_fields.no_of_strings][0]=5&filters[price][0][from]=20000&filters[price][0][to]=30000&filters[price][1][from]=15000&filters[price][1][to]=20000&limit=36

If I had to pick from that list for 5 String, I would go with the Cort or the Sire - both will be well put together and sound good for all styles.

If you want that 6 String, the Ibanez GSR206B will be good starting point.

If you could save a tiny bit and maybe get to 33,000 Rupees this Ibanez would be ideal.

https://www.bajaao.com/products/ibanez-sr375e-awb-bass-electric-guitar?variant=15488625411

Hope this helps!

I would certainly go with Ped and Bass Apprentice choices. Cort make pretty good basses, and so do Sire.  I've owned a Sire in the past.

The Ibanez would also be a good choice, but a little more expensive, if you can stretch to 33,000 Rupees