Why become a member? ×

The slowest build ever

Owen

After I've done the fretboard etc the remaining bits of the build I'm fine with but as you said after all the hard work of building the body I don't wanna screw it up but this build has been dragging on so I just need to get it finished now! 👍🏻

• Like 1

I think the thread should remain Owen's, but the awards should be selected on an annual (or perhaps bi-annual) basis. There needs to be a proper award for the slowest build, as actually measured from start to completion, and interim awards for lack of progress.

If no progress at all is made in three years, then the project may be considered "abandoned", and only reappear as a contender when something is done. 

I propose a suitability uncommitted committee to begin thinking about consulting on draft rules. 

I'm not vying to take anyone's crown for slowest build because that's far too much like hard work, and it wasn't a build anyway, just a make over, but I started my Longhorn in 2016 and only got round to finishing it in the first lockdown last year. But it is finished. 

My contender would have to be my flip top combo I'm 'building'. I had an old dynacord valve amp kicking around with all the front missing and some old early 70s celestian 15" drivers. The plan is to rehouse it all in a flip top combo style. So far I have taken all of the internals out of the amp at the end of 2019 and put them in a cupboard, now I'm not a hundred percent sure how it all goes but fear not because the amp apparently runs a very high voltage to get 80watts out of the two valves which would normally give 50watts, or something like that, so it shouldn't hurt too much when it tries to bite me. 

I haven't got time for the amp though because I've got a precision/jazz/ray I started last summer (shelved temporarily) and a Hofner I'm doing now. 

😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Ooh, yeah, Iforgot about the Hofner, how's it coming along? 

All the bits are here now and I'm furloughed again from Monday so progress should resume then when I've got an empty house, the sheds just too cold at the mo. I need to get a woodburner out there to get through my projects quicker, one in the burner one on the bench, one in the burner one on the bench. 😁

• Haha 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...