Why become a member? ×

JD Supernatural Mk2 ( refurbished by JD 1984 Mark King)
£1600
West London

Raunchpr

Beautiful hand made by JD and totally refurbished last month by John himself, Brass all re-polished and lacquered set up for 105-45 gauge, everything cleaned and checked and set up. I have the original red flight case (ABS) Its a Custom Shop with dual truss rod (first one with this fitted) so no issues. Some small dings and marks nothing noticeable (Thanks Roadies) as expected in a near 40 year old bass. It has been well looked after even John commented on how well it's been taken care of. Sound just fantastic but I no longer gig due to health so it should go where it will be played more. Frets etc perfect as it jas just been refurbished. Collection only West London. Phil

IMG_8065.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

IMG_8067.jpg

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8069.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8074.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

IMG_8104.jpg

IMG_8094.jpg

IMG_8099.jpg

IMG_8100.jpg

Edited by Raunchpr
additional pics
  • Like 6

Do the dual truss rods make the neck a different profile to the single truss rod necks?

Strange that when cleaning this all the dust was left in the truss rod cut outs?

Do you have photos of the back of the neck and case? Thanks.

Edited by Sparky Mark

Will do just been busy, the case shows lots of wear (in and out of van and gigs) and the handle broke in the first week (roadie again) so it's replaced with a leather one, not a great replacement but all I could find.....I'll take some photo's tomorrow afternoon and send to you. Also of the back of the neck,  your correct it has never needed to be adjusted, it's solid and straight. 

Kind regards

Phil 

there is one very slight ding not noticeable (behind the 12th fret not on the edge)  ....and NO I would never paint a guitar or a guitar part ever...if you saw my DIY skills you would understand why........that's the way it came when I bought it 1984,  I was surprised myself as I never saw red ones before, but hey they work...Schaller's

Phil 

• ped locked this topic