Why become a member? ×

How do I cancel selling subscription?

la bam

Question

13 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, la bam said:

I'll leave it running if it helps support the site.

Every bit helps but you can always cancel it and renew next time you'd like to sell something - however you'll miss out on the reduced renewal price.

I'm trying to add some more  friendly text to the renewal invoice because at the moment it's a bit scant on detail about how the subs help the site etc!

Thanks 

ped

I have to be honest the selling fee does put me off selling on here. The marginal cost of selling is too high compared to other online market places. 

Maybe we should incorporate the “supporting member” concept which would allow those members to sell for free. It may seem like semantics but It reads better than a selling fee. 

It might also get over the issue of people unsubscribing if they have nothing to sell. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

I have to be honest the selling fee does put me off selling on here. The marginal cost of selling is too high compared to other online market places. 

Maybe we should incorporate the “supporting member” concept which would allow those members to sell for free. It may seem like semantics but It reads better than a selling fee. 

It might also get over the issue of people unsubscribing if they have nothing to sell. 

Maybe. We’ll see. I’m rolling out some new email comms soon to ask people to continue supporting us so we’ll see. Thanks.

Subs do seem relatively healthy and consistent month to month but I’m having a tough time job wise. Running this place keeps the wolf from the door but only just. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

I think the main point is that currently the only way that I can see  to support the site is to sell. Offering a subscription with free selling is a more positive message. 

Absolutely - the counter is that we didn’t want to create a two tier membership model ala talkbass because it had a certain effect on the feel of the community.

The plan going forward is to target specific user groups (those with a renewal coming up, those who have over X posts who haven’t made a payment etc etc) to explain to them how they can help us (we have a donate button too) and I think that should have the desired effect - when people have emailed me individually with queries about this topic they’re always very understanding and willing to help (like above). Plus this will be far easier to implement at this stage. 

Cheers

• Like 1