Why become a member? ×

What was your first Bass/Rig?

mangotango

I think most of you have seen my first bass, but I’ll show it again 😁 it was a jedson at around 1977 ,  I was 15 and I still have it , and it still works , although the jack is a a bit crackly , it hangs on the wall of my summerhouse now.     In my first reggae band I played it through a HH IC100s amp And 2x15 hh bass cabs , it was a pretty decent setup in its day 🙂

897B2912-E9CA-47ED-AE0D-1F0B8255A639.jpeg

323EA2B4-5D52-4C8E-89D4-E69F6E337473.jpeg

• Like 1

I started out on guitar, on a then made in China Squier Affinity Strat through a small 15 watt amp I can't remember. After two more guitars and a huge amplifier upgrade I got my first bass.

That bass was a 1970s Japanese-made plywood Condor Jazz Bass that was surprisingly good! It was heavy, but it played fine and sounded like a proper Jazz Bass. The neck was all-maple with white bindings and pearloid block inlays, and the body was 3-tone sunburst with a tort pickguard. The amplifier I got with it when I bought it somewhere in the early 00's was a The Animal practice amp that I quickly blew up when I got my first active 5-string (Yamaha TRB5II). I then got my first proper bass amp, a used EBS Gorm 300 2x10, that I absolutely loved. My love for EBS gear has never faded since, and I still have a lot of EBS gear including a NeoDrome 12, HD350 and ProLine 410, MicroBass II and several pedals. 

A no name precision that was gifted to me, must have been made out of solid marble is was so heavy.  leant it to someone to learn on and I never saw it again..for shame.  Amp was an old Selmer PA rig, god knows how I didn't blow it up.  I was 14 and on a budget.

42 minutes ago, nick said:

Circa 1986:

78' Fender Musicmaster & H/H V-S amp

I had the hh ic 100 s ,which is pictured above , but I still have a hh vs amp what I use to play my iPad through and it’s still going strong 😁

F34DDE0C-6385-4201-98EF-EAE8E9948EA3.jpeg

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Like 2