Why become a member? ×

WTF ???

Sorry, but this is simply horrible.....

[font="Arial Black"]No 'musician' who could do a 13 string bass justice, would be seen playing this 'Argos reject' drift wood.[/font][size="4"][/size]
Just my opinion...

GREG

Oooh, aren't we all being bitchy today!!

Besides, with a neck of those dimensions a nice light wood like pine sounds like a good idea. Can you imagine the weight if it was made of Wenge or something?

Not something that would interest me though, and you have to ask why he's selling it, unless its a commercial venture?

Clive

Just get practical for a moment, from the close-ups of the strings, there doesn't seem to be much thickness variation across the board, even taking perspective into account.

I think he's used 3-4 Es, a couple of As, a B and a few Gs and Ds.

The thinnest 3 strings certainly aren't plain as they would need to be, and the thickest certainly isn't a .145-.175 for a low C#!!!

'(PICK-UP INCLUDED)'

Isn't it just a piece of wood?

I'm going to ask him about that.

---

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: what gauge are the strings? 26-Jul-07
A: HI, THANK'S FOR THE INTEREST. THE STRING'S ARE SIZE'S: .45 .50 .55 .60 .65 .70 .80 .90 .95 .100 .105 .110 .125
Q: Hello, Great Looking Bass! What kind of pickup does the bass come with and how is the instrument tuned? 26-Jul-07
A: HI, THANK'S FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE SUPER BASS. THE PICK-UP IS A CUSTOM MADE SINGLE COIL PICK-UP. THE TUNING OF THE SUPER BASS IS UN-DEFINED, FREE FOR THE PLAYER TO TUNE AS REQUIRED AND CAN STILL PRODUCE DEFINABLE NOTE'S AT THE SLACKEST OF TUNING'S. THANK'S ONCE AGAIN, JIM.

Edited by paul, the

I [b]do[/b] mean to be prejudice here [b]and[/b] to generalise. But judging by his appearance, taste in music, spelling and grammar - I bet he's never played anything beyond four strings (not inherently a bad thing, of course) and he's just built a many stringed bass for the sake of building a many stringed bass and oneupmanship.

Assuming he doesn't have any mental disabilities beyond poor development.

Sorry if I sound mean, but this is silly.

Oh, and for the record; I apolygise for my appearance, taste in music, spelling and grammar - at least I'm not trying to build a 14 stringed bass.

[quote name='paul, the' post='37792' date='Jul 27 2007, 01:15 PM']I [b]do[/b] mean to be prejudice here [b]and[/b] to generalise. But judging by his appearance, taste in music, spelling and grammar - I bet he's never played anything beyond four strings (not inherently a bad thing, of course) and he's just built a many stringed bass for the sake of building a many stringed bass and oneupmanship.
Assuming he doesn't have any mental disabilities beyond poor development.
Sorry if I sound mean, but this is silly.
Oh, and for the record; I apolygise for my appearance, taste in music, spelling and grammar - at least I'm not trying to build a 14 stringed bass.[/quote]

But I bet that guy would be really pissed off if you did build a 14 string bass!
:)

[quote name='barneythedog' post='37585' date='Jul 26 2007, 11:59 PM']luthier .........???? Oh, you mean in the same way that I'm an astro-physicist :)[/quote]

:huh: Fair point. Maybe I should say "the luthier isn't a bassist...or a luthier" :huh:

Alun

haha...what a terrible attempt at making a bass.....

loads of people from projectguitar and other sites have left comments about the problems with his build but he just deletes them and blocks people from posting again. he only leaves up comments from people who think he has actually done a good job.....the fools!!!

you should also check out his video showing off his tattoos....haha....the spider man one is awesome!!! ...er ....not

peace

c