Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Mayones Jabba V Classic (5 String Active J Bass) - From £825
£995
Watford, Hertfordshire

PatrickJ

Hi Fellow BC'ers I'm having a clear-out of basses I just don't use anymore.  

Up for sale here is my Mayones 5 String Active Jazz Bass, I did previously list this bass but got cold feet about selling it.  That being said I haven't touched it since so it's time for it to go.  The listing includes a budget hardcase and Schaller Strap Locks.

The bass is in lovely condition, bar a couple of tiny marks to the top edge to the head stock.   If I were to keep the bass it I'd look at replacing the pre-amp, when adjusting the bass control you can at times get a popping noise come through.   It's only the bass control that this happens on.

Specification from my previous listing:

- 2016 Model

- 34.25" Scale, 24 Frets

- Neck Widths: nut: 43.0 mm, XII fret: 65.7 mm,  XXIV fret: 77.0 mm

- Black Burst with Flamed Maple top, Alder body

- Maple finger board with black block inlays

- Aguilar 70's voiced Jazz Pickups 

- 2 band Mayones active EQ

- Active / passive toggle switch & dedicated tone control for passive mode

- Schaller tuners

- Schaller strap locks

- Weight 4.85 kg

20190902_101809.thumb.jpg.e9303dc358d6430febc98241617e2d39.jpg

20190902_085606.thumb.jpg.cb17e7c67fa8db72a17569318a37ff61.jpg

20190902_085610.thumb.jpg.e98ce3dbf43e94fb5176a5e69e5db75c.jpg

20190902_101831.thumb.jpg.c459f571fd530ade9b5cd710609e2944.jpg

20190902_085622.thumb.jpg.2e2abaadc848ec1573dbd7634878901e.jpg

20190902_085627.thumb.jpg.1bb6e369c1896e51afd95d35a724fd7f.jpg

20190902_101857.thumb.jpg.11283214009aa004244130f0e2411756.jpg

Edited by PJ-Bassist
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Onyxbass said:

Any sound clips of this in action?

Unfortunately not , but if you are local you are welcome to come play it.  I couldn't find any YouTube clips of this exact model but there are plenty available for similar ones if you look, they will give you the general idea.  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, so I've had lots of queries as to if I'll courier the bass round the various parts of Europe.  Due to an recent bad experience shipping another bass and with the pre-amp being a bit funny it really is collection only.

Thanks

Edited by PJ-Bassist

On 31/12/2019 at 19:21, Yan_Hurei said:

I'm interested, but there's no way I can collect as I live near Aberdeen.   How much could you ship it securely for?

Hi Mate, sorry I missed your post.  I don't have a hard case to ship the guitar in, given some recent  bad experiences with couriers I'm really not keen to to ship it so it will need to be collected.  It's also an opportunity for the  buyer to check out the pre-amp.  PJ

2 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Hi Mate, sorry I missed your post.  I don't have a hard case to ship the guitar in, given some recent  bad experiences with couriers I'm really not keen to to ship it so it will need to be collected.  It's also an opportunity for the  buyer to check out the pre-amp.  PJ

I thought from your earlier post that you were prepared to ship.  I've had 3 expensive basses couriered to me and never had a problem, and the most valuable one was in a soft case, it had a stinky poo load of bubble wrap and gaffer tape on it though. Its not difficult to do, And any carrier can courier with insurance, it's not difficult, I'm keen and I have the money, but it's your instrument and if you're not comfortable that's fine, however, for me to come to you would be a 1000 mile round trip for me, sorry that's too far.  Nice bass though, good luck with the sale.

Edited by Yan_Hurei

2 hours ago, Yan_Hurei said:

I thought from your earlier post that you were prepared to ship.  I've had 3 expensive basses couriered to me and never had a problem, and the most valuable one was in a soft case, it had a stinky poo load of bubble wrap and gaffer tape on it though. Its not difficult to do, And any carrier can courier with insurance, it's not difficult, I'm keen and I have the money, but it's your instrument and if you're not comfortable that's fine, however, for me to come to you would be a 1000 mile round trip for me, sorry that's too far.  Nice bass though, good luck with the sale.

I've just updated that post, thanks for flagging it to me.  Appreciate it's too far for you to come collect but I really want to make sure the buyer tries it all out and checks over the pre-amp to ensure they are comfortable before parting with their cash.  I had a few problems with another instrument I recently sold (after I made that post) that i don't want to repeat.

No worries bro, I appreciate your decision, it certainly shows you are very consciencious, and that's a very good thing.  I'm not afraid of a dicky preamp, I'm able to tinker, and replace if required.  One possibility could be to possibly do a video call with WhatsApp and you could show me the issues.  Just offering options, I do completley understand you not wanting hassle.  Whatever you feel is right is cool with me.

7 minutes ago, Yan_Hurei said:

No worries bro, I appreciate your decision, it certainly shows you are very consciencious, and that's a very good thing.  I'm not afraid of a dicky preamp, I'm able to tinker, and replace if required.  One possibility could be to possibly do a video call with WhatsApp and you could show me the issues.  Just offering options, I do completley understand you not wanting hassle.  Whatever you feel is right is cool with me.

Happy to do something like a WhatsApp call.  I'll private message you to work something out.

Good Morning BC folks.

I've decided this bass has to go - the puppy chewed up the original Mayones softcase so I need to get a new one and it may as well be a hard case.

Therefore I will now offer shipping to a UK address at buyer's expense (booked via Interparcel).

28 minutes ago, Gaucho 5 said:

As time has moved on and you've shifted one of your collection, are any trades an option?

I'm looking for a new acoustic guitar, if you have a Faith Neptune Legacy on offer I might be tempted.

• MB1 locked this topic