Why become a member? ×

Stolen Ritter R8 - FOUND!!

ChrisDev

My home was broken in to and one of the things that's stolen is my Ritter R8 4-string.
If you see anything anywhere,please contact me!
Serial number#1219 with a laser engraved backplate that has my name on it.

1219-1.jpg

Edited by ChrisDev
Pic added
  • Sad 13

Most exotic tops are easy to track down if one has at least one good quality picture. She may show up within few days or few months depending on the situation with those burglars. If some speed is needed soon, the instrument will show up soon.

Wish you good luck with the insurance company et al. It is always lots of work and harm.

• Like 1

My commiserations, ChrisDev. It is awful to go through this. Sending you good thoughts, and keeping my fingers crossed for a quick and safe return.

One of the greatest services that musicians can do for each other, IMHO, is keeping an eye out for stolen gear.  Happy to do what little I can.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChrisDev said:

A neighbour found most of my things (except my phone) dumped a few miles from here!!

4 minutes ago, ChrisDev said:

Yesterday I told that same neighbour that my name was engraved on the bass, and now he's the one that found everything. I don't know... the police will want to talk to him

Good news!

Is it an iPhone? If yes switch on find my phone from another device.

16 minutes ago, ambient said:

Good news!

Is it an iPhone? If yes switch on find my phone from another device.

No, Android. Google couldn't find it. There was a functioo to wipe the phone on re-activation. I activated that. Strange coincidence, that neighbour had the same phone...

5 minutes ago, ChrisDev said:

No, Android. Google couldn't find it. There was a functioo to wipe the phone on re-activation. I activated that. Strange coincidence, that neighbour had the same phone...

if you have the IMEI code the police can track it and find out if someone is using your phone with another SIM card. Not a great idea to steal a phone these days. If your neighbor was smart enough he should have kept the bass instead. Good for you, he's screwed :laugh1:

41 minutes ago, ChrisDev said:

Yesterday I told that same neighbour that my name was engraved on the bass, and now he's the one that found everything. I don't know... the police will want to talk to him

Could be a co-incidence! Whatever, I'm glad to hear that your bass has been found and hope that you are re-united soon.

1 minute ago, pete.young said:

Could be a co-incidence! 

I hope so. How mentally challenged should someone be to use a phone he had stolen right in front of the legitimate owner?  :laugh1:

Good news that most of your gear ws found and i hope the thief gets caught too. 

Hanging's too good for them. string em up by the short and curlies and throw knives at them for fun.

I'm not a vengeful person. :laugh1:

Keep us posted on final outcome. I'm very curious about the phone thing to see if it was your neighbour. At least if it was he'll be finding a new home soon............sharing a small one-bedroom apartment with big hairy Bubba :tatice_03:

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, dmccombe7 said:

Keep us posted on final outcome. I'm very curious about the phone thing to see if it was your neighbour. At least if it was he'll be finding a new home soon............sharing a small one-bedroom apartment with big hairy Bubba :tatice_03:

Dave

:laugh1:

Some people are very thick. Thick enough to steal and then 'find' the stuff.

I once lived in a shared house, one of the guys had his car hit by someone who than ran off. I was outside a bit later and a dodgy young man came up and asked me all sorts of odd questions about what happened.

I went back inside and suggested the plod who were talking to my mate nipped out and had a chat with this chap. Took about two minutes of questions from el plod to discover that the young couple who had reported the car as stolen after they crashed it had asked him to pop over to see what was happening - and were hiding in a pub not very far away. I don't think any of them were very bright...