Why become a member? ×

Why can't we delete posts.?

bubinga5

It came with the software update, I think, and in case probably is a consequence of that package. Me, I just edit the post, exchanging the whole text with a full stop.

Edit: ped got there first. New trick at our disposal! Thanks, Chris!

Edited by BassTractor

17 minutes ago, oZZma said:

A lot of messages are disappeaeed this morning. All the latest messages from the "I hate gigging" thread, for instance.

What happened?

Ah that might have been me, I accidentally did something about social media promotion and selected that thread as a test - turned it off now but didn’t realise anything had happened to the thread :( just had a quick look and can’t see where any posts might have gone. Any others you’ve spotted?

21 minutes ago, ped said:

Ah that might have been me, I accidentally did something about social media promotion and selected that thread as a test - turned it off now but didn’t realise anything had happened to the thread :( just had a quick look and can’t see where any posts might have gone. Any others you’ve spotted?

Seems to be ok now, I can see them again.

On 31/08/2019 at 20:39, Ricky 4000 said:

@Teebs can't be with us tonight, but I happen to know he'd like three or four thousand of his posts deleted, please?

And he wants all of his daily reactions transferred to me, if that's OK. 👍 :)

Waaaah! :o

Please don't delete my posts! :o

And @Ricky 4000 doesn't really want my TLRT thingies. In fact, he told me that he thought I should have all of his, 'cos I deserve them!

:D  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Waaaah! :o

Please don't delete my posts! :o

And @Ricky 4000 doesn't really want my TLRT thingies. In fact, he told me that he thought I should have all of his, 'cos I deserve them!

:D  

Yes I do! And no I didn't.

If you're not going to be at your desk - at least pass your reactions over to somebody who can do some good with them!

👍

• Haha 2

Just now, Ricky 4000 said:

I notice you've gone back to one of your 1,109 posts, and edited it to include an insult to @Teebs. Smart move, as it would likely take him absolutely ages to find it.

I might do the same thing m'self. 👍

I have a long term project to go back and edit all of my, now 1,110, posts and include an insult to Young Teebs. It gives a purpose to my life at last.....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I notice you've gone back to one of your 1,109 posts, and edited it to include an insult @Teebs. Smart move, as it would likely take him absolutely ages to find it.

I might do the same thing m'self. 👍

No TLRTs left

smiley

(I've given them all to deserving BCers :P )

Edited by Teebs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teebs said:

The 'Uninteresting things you did today...' thread is here:

Knock yourself out! :D

smiley

...and 1,596.

Sorry, 1,597 - but you get the idea. Delete the lot. All of 'em. Airbrush Young Teebs from BC history like a Russian dissident in Stalinist Russia.....😀

Edited by Skinnyman

1 minute ago, Teebs said:

1112 smiley

Some of them already include an adequately insulting insult while others are insult-free and the rest need their insult quotient beefing up a bit.

I have adjusted for this in my totals and am currently working through a substantial backlog (including For Sale items which have long since been sold).

No, don't thank me - it's my civic duty.

😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Some of them already include an adequately insulting insult while others are insult-free and the rest need their insult quotient beefing up a bit.

I have adjusted for this in my totals and am currently working through a substantial backlog (including For Sale items which have long since been sold).

No, don't thank me - it's my civic duty.

😁

Of course, if you were committed enough, you could also secretly ask other BCers, new members and old, to do the same thing at random times.

That would make your 'victim' have to essentially read all of BC at least once every day, in the hope of putting the record straight.

That should cheer him up no end. 👍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Of course, if you were committed enough, you could also secretly ask other BCers, new members and old, to do the same thing at random times.

That would make your 'victim' have to essentially read all of BC at least once every day, in the hope of putting the record straight.

That should cheer him up no end. 👍

Ooh, brilliant. You, sir, are a genius.

I shall start with the PMs forthwith!

• Haha 1