Why become a member? ×

SOLD : Encore Fretless Bass & Hard Case
£100
Littlehampton, West Sussex

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

Encore Fretless P Bass & hard case for sale

£SOLD 

I bought this Encore Fretless P Bass about 2 years ago for a band I was in at the time that did a few mid 70s Joni Mitchell type songs where the fretless style of playing and fretless sound was a big part of the music..

Unfortunately, the band didn't stay together long and my interest in - and opportunity to play fretless bass - kind of went with it... 

So, I figure the best thing now is to move it on to someone who can make better use of what is in fact, a surprisingly good bass for relatively little money !

Tonally, it sounds like a P Bass should and the pick up is quite loud and punchy. 

As you can see in the photos, the bass has been stripped back to a natural wood finish (which has been lightly oiled or varnished) and it's been done very well indeed.. In my opinion, it has really enhanced the look of the instrument.

In fact, the quality of the build of this bass is quite surprising given that is a budget brand bass.. In particular, the rosewood fingerboard on this bass is really good and it has a lot of life left in it too..

From looking at the fingerboard, I'm not sure whether or not this was originally a fretted bass that's been very professionally defretted or not, but whatever, it's a very nice piece of wood! 

I bought it on Gumtree from a chap who said he'd inherited it from his dad who'd quite recently passed away..  Apparently, his dad had owned it for quite a long time and had the modifications done to the body.

It could probably do with a decent set up but despite that, it actually plays pretty well. At the moment, it's currently fitted with some flatwound strings on it which sound great. Not sure what brand they are but they remind me of a set of La Bella flats I had fitted on a fretted P Bass a few years ago..

So that's it really; this is a well-made and very usable fretless bass for not too much money and if you're interested and would like to know more, please ask away here or send me a PM.

The bass is available to view and test by prior arrangement and I'm located in the Littlehampton, West Sussex area. 

Collection preferred but I can send by insured  courier service at buyer's expense if necessary.. 

Thanks for looking, as ever ! 😊

Nik 

IMG_20190217_112513.jpg

IMG_20190217_112505.jpg

IMG_20190217_112520.jpg

IMG_20190407_184013.jpg

IMG_20190217_112450.jpg

IMG_20190217_112524.jpg

IMG_20190217_112538.jpg

IMG_20190407_183731.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Now Sold