Why become a member? ×

RCF sub - one more question

fleabag

Just received my new RCF 705 AS-ll and it arrived with a 16 amp, 2 round pin, mains cable.

Anyone know what that's about ?  I'd cut off the round pin and wire on a UK 3 pin, but a 16 amp fuse ?

Weird

Edited by fleabag

59 minutes ago, fleabag said:

so wondering if i can snip the useless plug off, and wire on a UK plug, with 13 amp fuse.

Should be no problem at all, as OBBM mentioned, the Shuko isn't even fused.

You will probably find a 5 amp fuse would be OK.

• Like 1

You usually get a euro cable in the box but a lot of suppliers throw in a UK cable separately. They are so cheap it isn't worth the labour of removing the two pin cable. Just cut the end off and wire in a three pin UK plug. the amp is only 700Wrms so a 5A fuse will be plenty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure you all know this, but the Shuko is not really a two pin (maybe connector would be a more appropriate term) plug. The flat metal plate with the hole in at the top between the pins is the earth. So you will need to earth if you switch to a 3 pin UK plug.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps - great info and yes, lobbed the funny looking plug off the end, and it the same colour coded wires as UK,  so,  blue / brown / green stripe.   So yes, its earthed and slapped a 5 amp in as advised.

Work out with the band planned for next week, so we'll see how the woofie beast behaves

One more question  ..

The  PA main/top end cabs  are active, well one cab is, so it powers the other cab ( daisy chained ) 

The powered main/top cab also has a sub out socket, so one of the guys said we can run the sub off that sub out socket, but does that mean we'll have that powered cab powering the amp in the RCF sub ?

I dont like the idea of one amp driving another amp.