Why become a member? ×

NAD - Ampeg BA112v2 Combo

PlasmaZombies

I purchased a new amp about 4 weeks ago and never got round to posting here as life has been busy. Ampeg BA112v2 75w combo.

I really wanted a new amp to replace my ageing but still functional Ashdown. My needs are just for home practice, an aux input, headphone jack, and to be able to be loud enough for the odd jam with 2 mates who I used to be in a band with over a decade ago (a guitarist and drummer)

So after some research I settled on the Ampeg BA112v2 combo despite the known issues of a noisy fan.

First impressions are great! This amp has great punchy tone, even with EQ set flat. It can go pretty loud for 75w too! The scrambler distortion adds a nice grit, I wouldn't say it's an authentic tube emulation but good enough for a solid state combo. Aux in and headphones work as they should and tone still is nice through headphones. Only downside is the fan is loud on start up but after a few minutes of playing I don't really notice anymore. 

Overall I'm very happy with this and what it serves it's purpose for. And for some added bass karma I donated my old Ashdown amp to a friend who has just begun his bass playing journey. 😀

Sorry for rambling on. Pic below.

20190730_184339.thumb.jpg.1d777409cd71c7476a091e20ddc0032d.jpg

• Like 1