Why become a member? ×

NBD: '77 Kasuga 'Rick 4001'

NordicBard

First of all, a special thanks to @Bassassin for taking his time to identify this 'unicorn' for me - You rock!

I been craving a left handed MIJ 'Rick' for years, but had totally given up on finding one. Only seen one other (A mapleglo if I recall correctly) but the price was way to high, condition was average at best and it was a bolt-on (I wanted a neck through). 

So imagine the sound of my jaw hitting the floor when I spotted a fireglo left handed 70's MIJ rick, in NEAR mint condition (Yes it have signs of use and it have that 'Been used at a gazillion venues'-vibe) - And yes, neck through. 

I contacted the seller faster than light and a few days after it arrived at my doorstep, and oh boy... Sounds like a 4001, feels like a 4001 and the whole bass just resonates like nothing else. 

Having Tim making me a proper Kasuga TRC as that is missing, it needs that 'crown' to display it's heritage. 

IMG_20190830_170601.jpg

IMG_20190830_171028.jpg

IMG_20190830_170652.jpg

IMG_20190830_170535.jpg

Edited by NordicBard
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, sblueplanet said:

Very cool. Time to assemble a Wings Tribute Act? 😃 

Ha ha - Truth be told I am having a hard time putting this bass down. It got something going with how it sounds that is just... Raw, is the only way I can describe it. 

The pickups are the original ones (I changed the wiring with a harness from Ricksounds) and they are just NAILING the sound I am after - Plugged it into an old AMPEG a few weeks back that I had in for repair and even my son, who have NO interest in my musical endevours, came in with his jaw hanging down the floor yelling that was the most awesome sound he ever heard. 

Managed to recreate the AMPEG sound on my Fender Rumble Studio - Yum yum.