Why become a member? ×

NBD Godlyke Disciple

AndyTravis

Well. This has been on the watch/want list for a while. 

Eventually got a deal sorted.

Arrived today and I’m stunned.

I’ve owned Ken Smiths, Warwick’s, Jaydees, Status’ etc and I’ve never had a bass which feels so well made. Absolutely bonkers.

Sounds like a hammer too. Very very pleasing.

A1F06FDD-AA10-45C4-827E-8136C6B6C8D5.jpeg

5D7DB66A-CBB2-4245-9C21-763F50FDC91A.jpeg

• Like 12

“Godlyke Inc. is a music equipment distributer founded in 1998 by Kevin Bolembach and George Schwab. As well as selling other brands, Godlyke also distributes its own brand Godlyke Basses which are hand-made in Japan. They feature an ergonomically-designed body shape, dual SGC pickups with 18-volt active electronics and Gotoh hardware.”

apparently

37 minutes ago, burno70 said:

Not heard of these before - but that's stunning.

Don’t think they lasted long - the company still exists and I suspect the originating factory makes the expensive Bacchus stuff (only other place I’ve seen that bridge).

That’s a cracking looking bass!

I had two Godlykes at the same time around ten years ago. I got them both from eubassix. A see thru red Disciple 5 and a fretless Deity 4. The main difference was that the Deity had a figured maple top and a set neck. Both were really great instruments. I was working my way through a lot of brands at that time and as was the way of things I moved them on. With the benefit of hindsight they would be keepers if I had them now. 

DSC01088.jpg

DSC00069.jpg[/URL]

edit Over my photobucket limit 😔

Edited by dub_junkie

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I had GAS for one of these for some time, as Troy Sanders used a Deity on one of Mastodon's records - Crack The Sky I think, good to see one on the wild

I might be wrong, but I think he was using them prior to that as well. I'm sure I saw him using one when I saw them on the Blood Mountain tour and I'm fairly sure that was what he was used to record the album. Frankly though it is tough to keep up with the basses he uses as they change so often!

2 hours ago, thodrik said:

I might be wrong, but I think he was using them prior to that as well. I'm sure I saw him using one when I saw them on the Blood Mountain tour and I'm fairly sure that was what he was used to record the album. Frankly though it is tough to keep up with the basses he uses as they change so often!

It was on one of the making-of documentaries that came with the albums, I can't remember which, so could have been Blood Mountain or Crack The Sky

• 2 weeks later...