Left leaderboard
TheSwing

SEMITONAL – Live in London for The Samaritans 20/09/19

Hello all

My Bass/Drums/Loops project SEMITONAL will be playing a charity show at The legendary Water Rats in Kings Cross (WC1X) on 20th September. Doors 8pm.

"LOOPING RHYTHMS AND HYPNOTIC PIANO LAYERED WITH RIGHTEOUS BASS LIKE MUSIC TO A FILM AS YET UNMADE."

Two bands. Late bar. Great cause. Details and tickets here:–

http://www.universe.com/events/semitonal-live-for-the-samaritans-tickets-0PNHKG

Hope to see you there...

Cheers!

Tomaso

http://semitonal.com/

stagsheadlive.jpg

Edited by TheSwing
Additional info

Thanks to all who came to the Water Rats show last weekend and to those who made donations... we had a blast.
Between donations and ticket sales, SEMITONAL raised £200 for The Samaritans – an additional £170 was raised by both bands in ticket sales on the night. 
Photograph by John Gidley.

Cheers!

Tomaso

http://semitonal.com/

SEMITONAL Water Rats.JPG

Edited by TheSwing
Mistake!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Baloney Balderdash
      Have been wanting one of these for a long while, and I can't really excuse not doing something about it by not being able to afford it, cause it is dirt cheap, about as cheap as guitar pedal effects come.
      Finally though I pulled the tricker, and I just picked my new Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz pedal up from the shop where it was delivered to by the postal service for pick up a couple of days ago.
      Man, this pedal is amazing.
      Might even be the #1 greatest deal there is on effect pedals for bass guitar.
      It just sounds absolutely astonishing great.
      And the one I got seemingly have no issues whatsoever, well, beside from the obviously fact of it being in a plastic housing as all these dirt cheap Behringer pedals happens to be.
      Doesn't bother me the slightest though. 
      This got to be one the absolute greatest fuzz pedals for use with bass in existence, regardless of price, no short of sublime.
      For those of you who do not know this cheap Behringer fuzz is a pretty accurate clone of the now discontinued Boss FZ-2, which again was a take on the circuit from the legendary Univox Super Fuzz octave fuzz (Boss basically just added a 2 band active EQ section, and then threw in a bonus clean boost function mode).
      Here's a picture of my exact unit, and the settings I so far have settled for (possibly hard to see on this picture, but I am using Fuzz Mode 1. Fuzz Mode 1 being quite mids heavy, but me partially making up for that by boosting both the bass and treble, and Fuzz Mode 2 being heavily mids scooped, exactly as the 2 modes on the original Univox units. Also the reason why the picture looks a bit gritty is because I didn't bother taking a separate close up shot of the pedal, but just cropped it out from a shoot of my entire bass effect pedals setup):

I use it in one of the parallel effect loops of my Boss LS-2, and it sounds awesome both when mixed with the clean signal, coming from the other parallel effects loop of the LS-2, for a more regular classic kind of high gain fuzz tone with the added articulation and low end from the clean signal, as well as with my high gain distortion setup, which happens to also reside in the opposite effects loop of the LS-2, engaged, consisting of a a vintage style relatively high gain Rat distortion stacked into the fairly dark sounding medium kind of gain overdrive, delivered by my Joyo California Sound, parallelly mixed together with the fuzz in about equal measures resulting in a massively thick, monstrously  heavy and ballsy, but at the same time gnarly, blistering, crackling and spluttering, super high gain, earth, or at least ear, shattering, fuzz eruption of vulcanic proportions. 
      Love it!   
      Seriously spanks butts!  
      Instant stoner/doom rock in a plastic box! 

Here's a great demonstration from YouTube by someone else of the SF300 Super Fuzz pedal's capabilities as a bass fuzz :

• By dapiccol
      PRICE TEMPORARILY DROPPED TO 659£
      I'm selling this beautiful Warwick Streamer LX made in Germany.
      It sounds amazing and has a great Low B, but i do not play much at the moment and i would rather sell it to someone who can give it what it deserves
      The bass is in very good condition, it only has a few marks on the lower part of the body, as shown in the pics.

Ovangkol Neck
      Wenge Fingerboard
      Gold Hardware
      Flamed Maple top
      Active 2 Ways electronics
      Truss rod cover is missing

I accept payment with bank transfer or Paypal (+4% on final price)
      I can ship In Italy for 27€, in all Europe for 55£,  and to the USA for 165£
      I might be interested in trades with Warwick Corvette $$ 5 Strings, Warwick Thumb, Fender Jazz USA (or Marcus Miller signature Japan), Fender Precision USA, Music Man Stingray, Dingwall... anyways feel free to make me some other offers
      (in case of long distance trades i will ship my bass as soon as i receive yours  )

For any other info feel free to contact me

• By BTGAndy
      It's with a heavy heart I'm selling my beautiful, custom ACG 6-String bass. Specific details of this instrument can be found on the ACG website (https://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0270salceetype6/)
      I've owned this bass since new, having seen Alan's amazing work whilst attending the Moffat bass bash and knew I had to have one of his instruments. Unfortunately it's not getting played as much as it deserves so I feel it needs to find a new home.
      Body:
      Top Wood: Figured Maple with Faded Black Finish.
      Body Wood: Swamp Ash with Dirty Finish.
      Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
      Neck:
      Neck Wood: 5 piece Wenge/Bubinga
      Finger Board: Acrylic Impregnated Spalted Maple
      Scale: 34″
      Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
      Hardware:
      Pickups: ACG FB Humbuckers
      Hardware: ETS Tuning/Bridge unit ACG Custom Headpiece  Schaller Straplocks,
      Pre-amp: ACG/East P-Retro with 4-way rotary pickup selector.
      Price drop from £1900 to £1750. New, this bass would cost £2795. It's in fantastic condition and comes with a heavily padded Fusion gig bag. Collection from Hitchin, Hertfordshire or delivery/meet a reasonable distance from North Herts.

• By Baloney Balderdash
      Hypothetical question, if you had the money needed, or was willing to spend the kind of money it would cost, and you could have a custom bass designed exactly to your dream specs and according to your dream visual design, what would it be then?

Mine would be:
      Something like a 4 string 28,6" scale length bass, with mahogany body, bolt on maple neck, with a modern slim C shaped profile, a 24 medium sized stainless steel frets, about 14" radius, ebony fretboard, 38mm nut width, and 17mm string spacing at the bridge consisting of mono rails, and an accordingly narrow neck that would accommodate that, likely with a Nordstrand, The Power Blade, P style pickup in the neck/sort of middle position, and a Nordstrand Big Blademan, Music Man style pickup, in the bridge position, with coil split, and series/parallel switch, and in matte black finish with all black hardware, with the body/headstock shape somewhat inspired by a fusion between the B.C Rich Zombie Revenge and Beast bass (actually mainly like the Zombie Revenge bass, but with asymmetrical "devil horns" on the head stock and bridge end of the body, and slightly slimmer, more down angled, front horns, like on the Beast bass), and beside the coil/series/parallel switch for the Music Man style bridge pickup, just a pickup blend control, no volume or tone pot, and all passive.

The B.C Rich basses that I am referring to looking like this: