Why become a member? ×

Sold - Sandberg 5 string bass project
£405
Netherlands

Sandberg 5 string bass project:

Here I have a neck and body from an early 90s Sandberg bass. The Koa (I think) body has a nice birdseye maple top, and looks great. It has some wear, but no major structural damages. When I got it as a complete bass, the truss nut had been worn out. I replaced the truss rod bullet with a new one, and all seemed fine. But when adjusting to the right tension, the nut wouldnt turn enough to adjust. It feels like something there is loose or out of place (doesnt feel broken to me as there still seems to be reponse), but I do not have the technical skills to think what to do about it. I dont want to bring it in for repair, as I do not know what to expect and it might get pricey. My thought is that I might have loosened the truss rod out of its place when I completely removed the truss rod nut....but I dont know. Otherwise the neck is nice and straight with still good fretwork. So when fixed, it is a nice neck. The headstock has a top that matches the body.

The tuners are included and work like intended.

Picures:

1X5NX0L.jpg

1Wz2UPw.jpg

m1joDxW.jpg

ri2dFUu.jpg

aixn65w.jpg

prEQGNp.jpg

L29RnZS.jpg

V76YyOg.jpg

KNutNTI.jpg

u35rhc4.jpg

EB1uYrX.jpg

R8hJeNM.jpg

3tNraHG.jpg

€450 (which is around 405 gbp today)

I will consider trades like a bunch of effects pedals, good electric guitar (fender reissue Japan strat), unlined fretless fender jazz... 

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but could be shipped.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
topic title reinstated

• 3 weeks later...
  • Josh locked this topic