Why become a member? ×

Daft Question time. Wireless & Valve amps

la bam

Hi all,

I've recently bought a line 6 g75 wireless system. 

I've tried it around the house and worked out all the controls etc and it works great.

I've tried it using my class d quilter and stomp using the headphone socket, as my cab is in storage ready for weekends gigs.

I have a gig tonight, and was just wondering (and apologies if this is a really daft question), but will using a valve amp (laney nexus tube) cause the wireless system any problems?

I cant test beforehand as I dont have my cab with me (and valve amps need to be connected before turning on) and I have a gig tonight, but it's a double header tribute night and I'm not going to get more than 5 minutes to test anything.

The only thing I've had problems with when using a wireless system was an annoying click coming from the tweeter on a 4x10 cab, which didn't happen when using a lead. Turned the tweeter down; problem solved.

It worked an absolute treat.

I used the scan function at soundcheck, selected the best channel given. Then scanned again before start, which gave me a different channel, and it was flawless all night. No drop outs, no loss in sound, just great.