Why become a member? ×

PA Fan Replacement

DanOwens

Hello! 

So the fan has given up in our HK Lucas system. I need to find a replacement but it turns out 80mm, 12v, 0.5w, 0.10A, 2-Pin connector fans are incredibly difficult to find.

Is there any of that spec that I can ignore? For instance, I found one that is 0.54W, will this negatively affect the results?

Alternatively, can you suggest a supplier? I couldn't find anything on Farnell.

IMG_0276.thumb.JPG.79a0a9e459bd7ac28be2a8d88e4cba52.JPG

Edited by DanOwens

I don't think 4/100 of a Watt will make a scrap of difference. BTW if that is a picture of the fan in question, it says 24v.

I'll have a word with our guitarist as he has a PA Hire Company and although tending towards JBL gear he is an ex repair engineer so might be able to point you in the right direction.

@DanOwens and @stevie Err - a 1.8A replacement takes 18 x more current than the original 0.1A, I'm not so sure the supply from your PA will be enough for that!

I would predict some burnt out power supply components a likely occurence long term if not very short term.

Of course a Panaflow 1.8A is going to give a much higher performance but - - -

As @tauzero said: "I'd be inclined just to use the 80mm and 24V bits and disregard the power and current, as they're not consistent - just get something that takes under .2A or so."

Edited by KiOgon