Why become a member? ×

New D’Addario X strings

NJE

Just spotted an advert for D’Addario’s new ‘X’ strings and I have to say I’m quite excited.

I have a big issue with string life and struggled for years until I moved over to fully coated Elixir strings. Just over a year ago I got a set of D’Addario NYXL strings and was genuinely stunned at how well they lasted and kept their tone as they weren’t coated and they didn’t really advertise them as a ‘long life’ string.

I will be really keen to get a set of these on a bass and see how well they do. If the NYXL’s are anything to go by, these could last me years 😄 and it’s always nice to explore alternatives to my default Elixirs.

This is about all I can find at the moment: https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/29138-daddario-launches-xt-line-of-strings

I haven’t exhausted all coated strings but Elixirs always just felt right to me so I stopped searching. I tried and loved the NYXL’s and generally like D’Addario’s ethos, player points and recycling programme etc. so I will gladly give these a test to see if they can sway me on a more permanent basis.

• Like 1

Very interested, too: I've liked the NYXLs, and kinda alternated with Elixirs - the Elixirs won out in the end, but it wasn't really a level playing field, as one was coated and one not. These new XTs will definitely be worth a try...wonder how much they'll be?

And yeah, Elixirs are the best coated I've played by a long way...