Why become a member? ×

Rich

I've had band T-shirts in three bands. One band wore them for photos and occasionally at gigs, another (a ceilidh band) always wore them at gigs, and the last band had them done for some gigs we played in Munich which were to raise funds for a wheelchair for the guitarist's girlfriend (who lived in Munich and had MS) and some of us wore them for some of the gigs.

We have loads of different designs, and all have one of each but I rarely wear mine. The others in the band wear theirs often and it’s not like I think it’s naff or anything, it’s just I don’t seem to wear mine that often. Saying that though, am on hols in a couple of weeks and will prob wear a couple out there.

On 23/08/2019 at 06:27, Rich said:

Firstly let me say: yes, I do realize that there are some here who find the idea of your own band t-shirts as naffness in the extreme. That's fine, we're all entitled to an opinion. That said, I'm not looking for views on the whole concept of having your band name plastered across shirts here, so if you think they're cringe-making then please just walk on by. Ta :) 

My query is this. My ska band have our own t-shirts, and jolly nice they are too -- plain black with no graphics, just the name of the band in our emblem font. I always wear mine when I turn up at a venue and for setting up and stuff, BUT I always change into something different before the first set starts. I find the idea of wearing the band's t-shirt whilst playing the band's gig to be a bit odd, and I never do it. However, some of my bandmates do wear theirs for the entire evening.
So, for those of you whose bands have their own shirts... when do you wear yours? Do you ever play gigs in them?

Never, I might wear a CBGBs or Blondie, Stones AC/DC. or KISS t shirt but I never wear my bands T Shirt anywhere.

Blue