Why become a member? ×

Bergantino 1x12 cab for sale

Born 2B Mild

I've got an EX112 and an HT112. Both 300w 8ohms, about 17 kilos each. Fantastic for portability, clarity and transparency. HiFi speakers for the stage, basically.

I want to keep one, but don't mind which, as the tweeter is not working on the HT112, and nor is it missed AT ALL.

The only way I'd let both go is if I end up with some cash and a lightweight cab (like a 1x10), or a lightweight cab and a 1x15 (preferably Eden).

I'll be using them at a gig at Guiseley on Saturday 27th December, if that's of any use.

Edited by Born 2B Mild

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='360997' date='Dec 22 2008, 02:13 PM']cash price? :)[/quote]
I'm genuinley not aware of the used price on these, but I've just spent £300 on a 4x10, so it would be nice to get a major contribution towards that. Offers in a sealed PM are welcomed, as is independent advice on resale value. Apart from the U/S tweeter, the condition on these cabs is excellent.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='360991' date='Dec 22 2008, 02:11 PM']I've got an EX112 and an HT112. Both 300w 8ohms, about 17 kilos each. Fantastic for portability, clarity and transparency. HiFi speakers for the stage, basically.

I want to keep one, but don't mind which, as the tweeter is not working on the HT112, and nor is it missed AT ALL.

The only way I'd let both go is if I end up with some cash and a lightweight cab (like a 1x10), or a lightweight cab and a 1x15 (preferably Eden).

I'll be using them at a gig at Guiseley on Saturday 27th December, if that's of any use.[/quote]

Woah!!!!! Small world. I live in guiseley where are you playing? :) Is it coopers? or maybe the station?

[quote name='thumb4bob' post='361202' date='Dec 22 2008, 05:08 PM']Woah!!!!! Small world. I live in guiseley where are you playing? :) Is it coopers? or maybe the station?[/quote]
Neither I'm afraid. It's opposite the New Inn, but I can't remember the name!

[i]Just an update on this, folks.[/i]

I have now acquired a 1x15. So, I now need to [u]sell one of my 12" cabs [/u]for cash, or [u]both for cash + an ickle cab [/u]in PX.

NB: I'm sure you already are aware that Bergantinos are as good as everyone says they are, and they don't come on the market to often.

Hi folks.

Thanks for all the PMs which I have just found; after giving the good Burghers of Leeds some retail therapy this afternoon. Domestics keep me away from answering them for another couple of hours, but answer them, I jolly well will.

:) B2BM

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='361013' date='Dec 22 2008, 02:38 PM']I'm genuinley not aware of the used price on these, but I've just spent £300 on a 4x10, so it would be nice to get a major contribution towards that. Offers in a sealed PM are welcomed, as is independent advice on resale value. Apart from the U/S tweeter, the condition on these cabs is excellent.[/quote]

Too much teasing here. Tell us a price mate, you must be aware of values as you bought them at some stage, or you could check the usual sources for estimates. I'm after a 112 or 115 and have cash waiting but am not going to do the 'sealed PM' route, which to my mind is a crap way of doing things and a level of doing business somewhere below ebay methods, which is saying something :)
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='362405' date='Dec 23 2008, 10:39 PM']Too much teasing here. Tell us a price mate, you must be aware of values as you bought them at some stage, or you could check the usual sources for estimates. I'm after a 112 or 115 and have cash waiting but am not going to do the 'sealed PM' route, which to my mind is a crap way of doing things and a level of doing business somewhere below ebay methods, which is saying something :)
Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris, I'm sorry if my attempt at 'tongue in cheek' humour failed. I said "Offers in a sealed PM are welcomed" thinking it was witty, but alas I realise now it could be taken literally. Sorry.

The price I originally paid was probably well below their market value, hence I also asked for "...independent advice on resale value." because I was hoping someone could actually help. I now have had some ideas shared with me, and it seems £300 a cab is the ball park. Since my OP I have checked out what I'd need to replace them if stolen/destroyed. It looks like I'd need the insurance company to cough up £1200 including delivery. This has little bearing on my cabs resale value, though it gave me some kind of context.

I didn't mean to tease. They are great cabs, I've just committed to a different kind of rig, and I'm not earning at the moment, so the need to realise their street value is very important to me right now.

Phil

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='362427' date='Dec 23 2008, 11:19 PM']Hi Chris, I'm sorry if my attempt at 'tongue in cheek' humour failed. I said "Offers in a sealed PM are welcomed" thinking it was witty, but alas I realise now it could be taken literally. Sorry.

The price I originally paid was probably well below their market value, hence I also asked for "...independent advice on resale value." because I was hoping someone could actually help. I now have had some ideas shared with me, and it seems £300 a cab is the ball park. Since my OP I have checked out what I'd need to replace them if stolen/destroyed. It looks like I'd need the insurance company to cough up £1200 including delivery. This has little bearing on my cabs resale value, though it gave me some kind of context.

I didn't mean to tease. They are great cabs, I've just committed to a different kind of rig, and I'm not earning at the moment, so the need to realise their street value is very important to me right now.

Phil[/quote]

Thanks Phil, sorry if I missed the humour. Bit beyond my budget, but good luck with the sale
Chris

So, just a reminder. If anyone wants to see for themselves how two little cabs can give a Vulcan bomber a run for its money, I'll be using both cabs tonight at Martha's Bar*, Guiseley, with [i]Chainsaw[/i].

I may let them go as a pair. Ideally, I'll have a little cab in PX.

*This from Leeds Pub Trail Compendium...
"Our first bit of good news is that a new pub has already appeared on this run! Or rather, an old one has been reborn. The erstwhile Woolpacks reopened just before Christmas and is now known as Martha’s Alehouse. There are six handpumps on the bar, serving Wells Bombardier, Taylor’s Landlord and Best and a couple of guest beers on our visit. The pub is clean and bright throughout, with the bar in a room just to the right on entering and a homely lounge to the left. Both rooms have tv screens playing music and there’s a small pool room lying across from the bar too."

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='364076' date='Dec 27 2008, 10:25 AM']So, just a reminder. If anyone wants to see for themselves how two little cabs can give a Vulcan bomber a run for its money, I'll be using both cabs tonight at Martha's Bar*, Guiseley, with [i]Chainsaw[/i].

"Our first bit of good news is that a new pub has already appeared on this run! Or rather, an old one has been reborn. The erstwhile Woolpacks reopened just before Christmas and is now known as Martha’s Alehouse. There are six handpumps on the bar, serving Wells Bombardier, Taylor’s Landlord and Best and a couple of guest beers on our visit. The pub is clean and bright throughout, with the bar in a room just to the right on entering and a homely lounge to the left. Both rooms have tv screens playing music and there’s a small pool room lying across from the bar too."[/quote]

Hi, just joined the site and found your thread. Are these still available?
Thanks.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='364076' date='Dec 27 2008, 10:25 AM']So, just a reminder. If anyone wants to see for themselves how two little cabs can give a Vulcan bomber a run for its money, I'll be using both cabs tonight at Martha's Bar*, Guiseley, with [i]Chainsaw[/i].

"Our first bit of good news is that a new pub has already appeared on this run! Or rather, an old one has been reborn. The erstwhile Woolpacks reopened just before Christmas and is now known as Martha’s Alehouse. There are six handpumps on the bar, serving Wells Bombardier, Taylor’s Landlord and Best and a couple of guest beers on our visit. The pub is clean and bright throughout, with the bar in a room just to the right on entering and a homely lounge to the left. Both rooms have tv screens playing music and there’s a small pool room lying across from the bar too."[/quote]

Shame I was on my holiadys or I would have been there :)