Why become a member? ×

Kiss cover.....

solo4652

Over in the Amps and Cabs forum is a discussion about 112 cabs. Al Krow of this Parish has posted a clip of his band doing Kiss, to demonstrate his 112 cab. Kiss is/was a favourite of my band, and he we are - posted here so as not to derail the 112 cab thread.

Edit: Blast! Can't work out how to post video here. Bear with me......

Edited by solo4652

@ Al Krow. I prefer your version over ours. Yours is much more "accessible" and easier to listen to. When we played ours live, the guys in the audience would get up and video the guitarist, while the ladies would disappear from the dancefloor. Sadly but predictably, the band in my video folded a couple of months ago. Good standards of playing, but too loud and blokey for most pub venues.

Edited by solo4652

That's very kind of you to say! 

You say 'predictably' your band folded; sounds like you've had a bumpy road - really sorry to hear. Hope you manage to get yourself back into something fun soon.

Edited by Al Krow

13 hours ago, solo4652 said:

@ Al Krow. I prefer your version over ours. Yours is much more "accessible" and easier to listen to. When we played ours live, the guys in the audience would get up and video the guitarist, while the ladies would disappear from the dancefloor. Sadly but predictably, the band in my video folded a couple of months ago. Good standards of playing, but too loud and blokey for most pub venues.

Too modest. Your version is less mainstream, sure, but really really good. Inventive and very well played. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Too modest. Your version is less mainstream, sure, but really really good. Inventive and very well played. 

Thank you! Lead guitarist, drummer and singer are all very good musicians and, together, pulled the band towards (prog) rock stuff. That wasn't my bag. I'm much more oriented towards soul, funk, pop, groove songs. Classic band split was the result. The rhythm guitarist/synth guitarist/vocal synth guy and myself have joined forces with a female singer to set up a lounge/jazz/smooth trio., with me switching between bass and cajon depending on the song being played. I miss the push and power of the full band, especially playing with a drummer. Nowhere to hide in a trio!

5 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Shame @solo4652that line up didn't work for you. To be honest I can easily see the appeal as  a bassist of playing in either band. 

I agree with you, the others do seem to be excellent musicians, funnily enough the bass player wasn't in any way out of place alongside them 

You're very kind - thank you!