Why become a member? ×

1966 Fender Jazz Bass SOLD!
£3400
Girona Spain

electriccheese

Hello!

Up for sale a very good 1966 Jazz Bass with dots and binding and lollypop tuners. It's a light, resonant and good sounding jazz bass, with a light nitro refinish on it. I'm not a expert, but seems that pickups, bridge, tuners, pickguard, electronics, are original. What I think it's not original are maybe 4 or 5 screws, and the electronics welding is not very well done, but easy to improve. The fiongerboard was sanded at one point, and she has new and leveled frets.

So, the bass is light (less than 4kg), sounds really good, with very focused sound and very good slap tone, the frets are leveled and the neck is straight, with fine working truss rod, so it's possible to adjust with very low action if desired. It comes with hard case, and original thumbrest, and bridge and pickup ashtray.

The bad things are the weldings, some oxide in the hardware, and the bridge pickup start to be microphonic, but nothing problematic and easy to solve if it goes worse. It doesn't have any feedback, but if you hit hard on the pickup you can hear it. The hard case is in not very good condition.

I'm selling it with a lot more gear due to I'm going to play only part time, and not full time like before, so I can't have so much gear. It's one of the best jazz I had, I keep one 65 that I love for having it lots of years.

Here you can find more detailed pics, and I can send a video from a gig by request.

https://s296.photobucket.com/user/popibass/library/Fender Jazz 1966?page=1

I'm asking 2950 £  or 3400€.

My feedback:

IMG_20190501_134315.jpg

IMG_20190422_125814.jpg

IMG_20190501_134340.jpg

IMG_20190501_134402.jpg

IMG_20190501_134530.jpg

IMG_20190821_125310_1.jpg

IMG_20190821_125451.jpg

IMG_20190821_125815.jpgIMG_20191017_173414.thumb.jpg.e0239a3a66989b68d748fdb474a53043.jpgIMG_20191017_173450.thumb.jpg.fd959184dd9df401b1a3d1c8f08c9b6c.jpg

Edited by electriccheese
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

Interesting bass, is it still available? One thing I need to ask about is whether the fingerboard has been planed down at some point - the last dot marker, nearest the body, looks like it has been partially sanded away. I’ve come across a few necks from this era that have been planed thinner at the heel end to take out a hump or lift. In fact I have a 66 P bass that has been planed down so the fingerboard is very thin towards the end. Could you please send me pics of the binding taken from the sides, particularly around this area? 

Many thanks, 

Joe 

On 13/10/2019 at 04:03, The Four Disorders said:

Hello, 

Interesting bass, is it still available? One thing I need to ask about is whether the fingerboard has been planed down at some point - the last dot marker, nearest the body, looks like it has been partially sanded away. I’ve come across a few necks from this era that have been planed thinner at the heel end to take out a hump or lift. In fact I have a 66 P bass that has been planed down so the fingerboard is very thin towards the end. Could you please send me pics of the binding taken from the sides, particularly around this area? 

Many thanks, 

Joe 

Hi Joe!

I have answered you by PM, but I see you did not read it.

The bass is still available, and I checked what you say about the fretboard and you are right, I didn't notice before. This explains the absence of signs of refret on the fretboard being the frets so new.

So, the fretboard was sanded and had new frets. The good news is that now you can adjust a very low action if desired, I leveled the frets and is very good now. I attached two pics that shows the thickness of the binding, as you asked.

Edited by electriccheese

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic