Why become a member? ×

GSS sumo amp

jaybo2861

On 14/01/2020 at 21:34, Dan Dare said:

Worth noting that the Harley Benton is rated at 2x50w into 4 ohms, whilst the GSS is 2x50w into 8 ohms. Carvin is also 2x50w into 8 ohms, but are they still in existence? I thought they went under last year.

The GSS is dual mono, which put me off as I’d wanna play with all the lovely stereo effects in my Helix. The Carvin looks like a great unit, but I wonder if it will “do” 4 ohms even?

That leaves the HB and it’s huge power supply box lol! For the money though, that’s a a fun practice rig!

• 11 months later...

After hunting high and low for a dedicated bass power amp - and almost buying one of the Hellborg or SWR monsters that Thomann were 'dumping' - stumbled over GSS on the Internet!

Didier couldn't be more helpful and the Baby Sumo is fantastic!

Does exactly what it says on the tin - transparent sound - paired it with a Lehle Basswitch IQ DI (sadly discontinued) into a single 15" and couldn't be more pleased.

(just need to sell one - or both - of my MarkBass heads to pay for it - see Basschat ad!)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leftfret said:

After hunting high and low for a dedicated bass power amp - and almost buying one of the Hellborg or SWR monsters that Thomann were 'dumping' - stumbled over GSS on the Internet!

Didier couldn't be more helpful and the Baby Sumo is fantastic!

Does exactly what it says on the tin - transparent sound - paired it with a Lehle Basswitch IQ DI (sadly discontinued) into a single 15" and couldn't be more pleased.

(just need to sell one - or both - of my MarkBass heads to pay for it - see Basschat ad!)

So no preamp?