Why become a member? ×

SOLD PLEASE DELETE: Protection Racket Classic Bass Gig Bag/Soft Case *£35*
£40
Lewisham, South East London

Selling my old and trusty Protection Racket Gig Bag, it is not the deluxe version, it's the classic one, now retails at around £100, i've had it for a lot of years, gigged and toured, and it has a few scars to show for that. Reason for sale is that i find it too bulky, has nothing to do with its functionality.

The scars i mentioned are some scratches on the front and back, pictured, the thread on one of the zippers had gone, just on the top, and i sewed it back with blue thread, has held ever since, this was over 3 years ago. In regards to actual protection this is basically a hardcase that doesn't weigh as much and that you can carry on your back. it does weigh a little, but that's because the construction is with soft padding (20mm, if i'm not mistaken) on both inside and outside and it has a frame made of polycarbonate. on the inside it also has what they call velvetex, so your guitar will n ot get any scratches. It has a neck support, fully adjustable, as well as a straps to keep the guitar in place so it does not dangle, i've never really had to use them unless i was travelling a lot. The handle has some wear and you can feel it but it's not a problem and with some needle and thread you can sort it and give it at least a few more years of wear.

There are 2 more scars that can't be seen and those are in the actual frame, and basically that broke on top and underneath, where the strap button would be, don't get me wrong, it does not affect the structural integrity of the case whatsoever, but instead of offering you a *insert generic case name* hardcase level protection, it now is somewhere around the Gator transit level protection, but with more padding.

I have never spilled anything inside or outside it, it is a bit grubby in places from usage, but it does not affect it's functionality.

I would prefer collection from Lewisham-Deptford area in London and price is negotiable, but no silly offers, even with all it's issues it still is miles above in regards to protection and durability any gig bag you would find at the £40 price mark.

You can find more details on it here: https://www.protectionracket.com/products/item/bass-guitar-case-std

20190820_181601.jpg

20190820_181603.jpg

20190820_181622.jpg

20190820_181623.jpg

20190820_181638.jpg

20190820_181646.jpg

20190820_181657.jpg

• Like 1

• alinbassplayer changed the title to For Sale: Protection Racket Classic Bass Gig Bag/Soft Case *£35*
4 hours ago, alinbassplayer said:

Nobody? not even for £35? c'mon i'm open to offers, reasonable offers obviously :)

I've had one of these for years.  Great quality gear and very durable.  Highly recommended and a whopping bargain at 35 quid.

Frank.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2019 at 22:16, machinehead said:

I've had one of these for years.  Great quality gear and very durable.  Highly recommended and a whopping bargain at 35 quid.

Frank.

The only thing I would change in what you wrote is my name....

I would have this but I have several spare cases already

• alinbassplayer changed the title to Pending: Protection Racket Classic Bass Gig Bag/Soft Case *£35*
  • alinbassplayer changed the title to SOLD PLEASE DELETE: Protection Racket Classic Bass Gig Bag/Soft Case *£35*
  • MB1 locked this topic