Why become a member? ×

does anyone play air bass?

Barking Spiders

59 minutes ago, nige1968 said:

Sorry if it’s the wrong thread but here are some of mine on the settee ...

72499065-1774-4482-9CBB-12524B73A004.jpeg

I did the same to take a photo but when packing them away in their cases there was a knock at the door. I answered it and it was my neighbour, I had taken delivery of a parcel for him earlier, anyway I invited him in while I fetched the parcel from the dining room, it was quite big so I stored it in there out the way. On my return he was in a right state as he'd only gone and sat on the sofa and sat right on the one bass left there after the photoshoot. He was so apologetic and it really wasn't his fault so said not to worry and reassured him I could fix it. I couldn't, the bloody body had a dirty great crack right through the control cavity. Luckily the neck was fine so having always secretly lusted after a flying V (it's all about the looks with me) I had a new body made for it. And what a body it is, such beautiful craftsmanship and it's so lightweight it's unreal, that coupled with what was probably my favourite neck and I have my dream airbass, so much so that the others rarely get played now. Here's an arty little shot of Vee (short for Vera which I named her) reclining in a Chesterfield, I think you'll agree she's a beauty.

20190820_202620.thumb.jpg.9db7eb3ae8d83d8cefe7fffe3fc848cb.jpg

Now every time my neighbour pops in he does a little jokey feel around of the chair or sofa before he sits down and says "No basses here today then?", and we both roar with laughter. 

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Maude said:

I did the same to take a photo but when packing them away in their cases there was a knock at the door. I answered it and it was my neighbour, I had taken delivery of a parcel for him earlier, anyway I invited him in while I fetched the parcel from the dining room, it was quite big so I stored it in there out the way. On my return he was in a right state as he'd only gone and sat on the sofa and sat right on the one bass left there after the photoshoot. He was so apologetic and it really wasn't his fault so said not to worry and reassured him I could fix it. I couldn't, the bloody body had a dirty great crack right through the control cavity. Luckily the neck was fine so having always secretly lusted after a flying V (it's all about the looks with me) I had a new body made for it. And what a body it is, such beautiful craftsmanship and it's so lightweight it's unreal, that coupled with what was probably my favourite neck and I have my dream airbass, so much so that the others rarely get played now. Here's an arty little shot of Vee (short for Vera which I named her) reclining in a Chesterfield, I think you'll agree she's a beauty.

20190820_202620.thumb.jpg.9db7eb3ae8d83d8cefe7fffe3fc848cb.jpg

Now every time my neighbour pops in he does a little jokey feel around of the chair or sofa before he sits down and says "No basses here today then?", and we both roar with laughter. 

But is it any good for metal?

• Haha 1

My introduction/inspiration to start playing bass was Steve Harris of Iron Maiden, way back in '84 , but when the rest of the family is out I still stick on Aces High, and do the 'Maiden race' to the front of the stage to get prime position with foot up on the monitor and air bassing like a fury. 🤘

I say monitor, I mean sofa. Always careful to make sure the sofa has no other air instruments on it. 👍

• Haha 2

Really enjoyed seeing those air bass sofa and chair photos @nige1968 and @Maude - made me laugh aloud :)
But nige 1968....... isn't your sofa a bit close to the wall? Do you not risk chipping the paint on the headstock of your air bass? ;) 

PS. Guys - what are your preferences for style of air bass strap?