Fingerboard Phenowood Fingerboard™
Frets 21
Nut zero fret
Neck construction neck trough
Body Maple
Weight 4,5kg
Surface orange
Pickups 2 Benedetti singlecoil pickups
Electronics: active, 18V, panorama, volume, mid notch/boost toggle, mid frequency
Tuners Schaller

Sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y3p9dgfsus27u1p/AAB59I_QpzTOmti7dhSTKaXQa?dl=0

including case
several repaired lacquer damages (Vigier's finish was not that great in the 90s)

Price: 1800€
Shipping cost depends on destination

No trades.

20190816_122340.jpg

20190816_122407.jpg

20190816_122428.jpg20191222_144610.jpg.c302296b2d1330a76709b96e340c83e8.jpg

20190816_122538.jpg

20190816_122914.jpg

20190816_122926.jpg

20190816_143634.jpg

Edited by marcblum
REVOKE
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

a) I really disliked the quirky mid sweep electronics. Unusable on stage as specific sounds are hardly reproducible on stage, sound differences and impact on volume could be horrible when accidentially moving some knobs. Furthermore it compresses dynamics, even with18V. There's a reason, why Vigier switched to normal electronics. I sold the board to a collector.
b) you're correct. This manual belongs to another bass I sold recently. Well, I think it doesn't hurt.

Depends on your soldering skills. But I doubt there's any chance to purchase this quirky 20 years old electronics.
I simply don't understand the value of "original", if "original" did not stand the test of time. It was something that Vigier did for some time and then abandoned it for a reason.

But, hey, each one to his likes.

On 15/09/2019 at 16:43, itu said:

An original is a sacred cow, no matter how much better the customized version is. Have seen this so many times.

Maybe a John East to a jazz can be almost accepted, because the preamp is worth that instrument...

I place great value in the original article. Vigier have always been known for their great (and unique) electronics. There could be many good reasons as to why a builder may stop fitting a certain type of preamp, none of which would suggest a simpler setup was better or that the 'old' preamp was inferior. 

It's a shame for that original electronics are gone as I would have probably been reaching for my wallet if they were, as it is quite stunning to look at and a Vigier has long been on my list. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chris2112 said:

Vigier have always been known for their great (and unique) electronics. There could be many good reasons as to why a builder may stop fitting a certain type of preamp...

I do understand your worry - and I have two series II Passions in original condition. The other is for sale here...

Evolution is the key to different product families and solutions, I think. Honorable Patrice Vigier has produced quite many models during the years. I find that interesting, as he seems to challenge himself with any design and produces something evolutive again and again. NT, bolt-on, semiparametric, delta metal, Nautilus, 10/90... just name it and he has it. Even light weight when it was not yet so popular.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic