Why become a member? ×

Is this legit? Jazz bass...Geddy maybe?

Thunderpaws

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/550221842444937/

dont know now if you can follow the link but this is for sale on FB marketplace as ...

“Putting the feelers out on this one. Gorgeous Fender Jazz bass. Rarely played. Comes with genuine 3inch leather strap and locks. Offers.”

picture of back seems to show a Geddy Lee signature, made in Japan at heel. but with an American neck plate.

What do you think?

I’ve asked the seller how much he’s looking for  

89059D59-EA53-4ABD-B99A-059D1CE7BE83.png

3E002EEF-6A05-4977-8E58-1973401A0625.png

The tuners look like those cheap ones you get on the Squiers but they say Fender on them? 

Also the neck doesnt look right. The made in Japan label is usually closer to the body than seems here and the neck heel looks as if it doesnt go into the body far enough.

Of course I could be wrong!!

That’s not a Geddy neck, they don’t have black plastic inserts at the truss rod. Definitely a bogus neck plate, Corona font is all wrong. Look at the scratchplate on the lower horn. Not a Fender body. It’s junk. Walk away.

Also, a three inch strap is useless, it needs to be at least a couple of feet long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It doesn't scream 'fake' to me. Look at the rest of the pics on the link - the scratchplate only looks of in the OP shot due to the angle.

I don't think it's a Geddy as the bridge pickup looks like it's on the 60s position.

It looks like a Geddy neck from my memory of owning one, but without a close up of the headstock it's hard to say - the pic in the OP makes the headstock logo look a bit off but again that might just be the angle.

2 hours ago, Monkey Steve said:

The first difference I see is what I thought about this one, the real one has real Fender knobs and a 3 ply pickguard.