Why become a member? ×

Nick Campbell takes things up a level.

musicbassman

IMO it's a really musical solo, very melodic, moving with the chords, enough repetition to make it sound "lyrical" but plenty of variation to keep it interesting. Much better than the standard blues licks and fret-wombling you get from a guitar solo in the rock genre

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

What a player, such a beautiful tone, lovely note choices and a sublime, super precise touch. He plays amazing funk as well with Scary Pockets and a band called Pomplamoose. Check him out on the track Silly Boy.  Scary player with a nod to the past in his approach as well. 

On 19/08/2019 at 11:31, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'll never "get" jazz.

I'm not doubting the blokes ability to play, but to me that's just a load of meaningless noise. 

Then again, I suppose many people would say the same about music in the rock genre, which is where I'm much more at home. 

It’s meaningless to you because you don’t like jazz. You trot this same line out on every thread that mentions jazz. Nothing wrong with an opinion but it gets a bit tiring, you know? Out of interest, what is jazz?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Never have so many notes said so very little musically or emotionally. I do try to give any type of music a fair listen to see if I can connect with it or be inspired in some way. Sadly with this sort of thing, I just don't "get it".  🤔

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 21:12, spectoremg said:

If that had been audio only I'd have said it was Jaco when he was on the slide. Very ordinary. 

Blimey! ''Jaco on the slide,''eh? I wouldn't mind hearing something extraordinary, then...

On 21/04/2020 at 21:20, Bleat said:

Never have so many notes said so very little musically or emotionally. I do try to give any type of music a fair listen to see if I can connect with it or be inspired in some way. Sadly with this sort of thing, I just don't "get it".  🤔

I,  too ,find such an excess of facility somewhat unsettling but I fear you may be clutching at straws  there.  I think the young fella could do my gig but I'm not sure the opposite would apply.

4 hours ago, shug said:

Blimey! ''Jaco on the slide,''eh? I wouldn't mind hearing something extraordinary, then...

I,  too ,find such an excess of facility somewhat unsettling but I fear you may be clutching at straws  there.  I think the young fella could do my gig but I'm not sure the opposite would apply.

Shug, I think you've misunderstood me, what I meant to say was that's the typical kind of excess that bedroom geeks wet themselves over but is in fact utter $h1te.