Why become a member? ×

Hartke:US 110V 50Hz to UK 240V 60Hz. 3200 Mosfet amp head

RichP-exRWC

[Relocating from the "Amps" forum...]

How much effort would it be to convert from US 110 volt 50Hz current to real electricity in the UK 240 volt at 60Hz?

We're relocating back to the UK after about a million years. I have a Hartke 210 combo with the rackmount 320W head with both tube and solid-state and the etc. It's over 25 years old but amazing reliable without laughably effortless power. The thing is a beast and I don't want to ship it if it cannot be easily converted. 

I'm wondering if the amp head simply has a country-specific power-unit to convert from local AC to a standard internal DC voltage in the amp head.

I'm no electronics expert, but did replace a blown tube successfully after researching different tubes and their characteristics for an even larger (1) sound than before, and can solder. Probably I know enough to get myself thrown across the room 😮

If it is a little complex, I'd be happy to receive recommendations for someone in the northwest who could get it done

cheers

Rich

You are not a qualified electrician, so if something happens, like your house burns, insurance will love you. They pay you nothing.

It is possible, that the change is easy. The transformer will be changed and the unit is ready to rock. But there may be other components or the whole power supply unit that has to be changed.

Ask some local amp manufacturer. Help is now in need. It may be wise to consult Hartke, too.

12 hours ago, BreadBin said:

To give a less alarmist view...

Check the back of the amplifier - my Hartke HA3500 is easily changed between the two voltages.

IMG_20190818_071558.thumb.jpg.c9287d211b0f0a7c6ce2a234d48a7a96.jpg

Pretty sure my 5500 has one of these on the back too. I checked my Hartke Kilo but it has a voltage slider switch instead.