Why become a member? ×

Music Man Sterling 4H Piezo in White - £1050 + postage - no longer for sale, I'm keeping it
£1200
York, York, United Kingdom

Mikey R

This is rather a special bass, I'm moving it on quite reluctantly. But, since I never play it and other toys need to be bought.... I'm afraid I'm not after a swap, it's cold hard cash I'm after. I might consider a part ex for an interesting Fender or a Les Paul Studio, but like the filthy capitalist I've become, if there's no cash included, I'm going to have to say no.

This is a 2000 model year Sterling four string, three band EQ with piezo bridge. It also has the matching headstock option (dont quote me, but I think that was a +£100 option) and the tung oiled neck is birdseye maple (a +£?? option, I have no idea how much that was from the factory). Not a crazy figure, but it's there and is quite elegantly understated. The fingerboard is maple too.

There are a few scratches, the headstock has had a small bump, but it's in crazy good condition for a 19 year old bass.

The neck on these basses is just lovely, very much like a Jazz and not quite as chunky as a regular MM. It still manages to still feel solid, and the strings are very easy to control - once you get used to there being no thumb anchor.

It comes in the original case.

You can look up the serial number F02309 on the Music Man website, https://www.music-man.com/serial-number-database and it'll tell you the following:

Serial # F02309
Manufactured July 14th, 2000
Build Code 171 02 11 04 CS CR
Model Sterling 4 H Piezo
Color White

I assume the build code will give you a bit more information, if you can decipher it.

EDIT: Some more info - it's 4.2kg.

EDIT: I've decided to keep it, so it's no longer for sale.

IMG_20190817_150037.jpg

IMG_20190817_150048.jpg

IMG_20190817_150057.jpg

IMG_20190817_150103.jpg

IMG_20190817_150043.jpg

Edited by Mikey R
  • Like 2