Why become a member? ×

NBD P Bass of Doom!

walshy

New arrival and my god it’s lush! I know Fender Custom Shop sometimes gets bad press for their prices and stuff but this is a beauty. Same spec and build (bar head stock colour) to Scott Divine P Bass of Doom! 1959 heavy relic finish in Oly White over Candy Apple Red 😍 I know relic can be marmite but man, it’s a beaut!

Even got Fender to send me the Shop Floor Traveler. Sounds bloody lush too!

Welcome to come and try it if you’re local to me 😁

Bought on EBay but I believe it belonged to @Atomic dustbin on here. Lovely fella 🤘

Few sexy bass pics for you all. 

A44B8B46-EDC6-438B-922B-2D377EDB880B.jpeg

4F6136B7-5FD4-4CFA-8AC3-5EEE370EB2D8.jpeg

FFD539AF-4875-4836-A3C9-9F860726996E.jpeg

CE6347B0-A7F7-4D98-BCA6-AC604E7E23A2.jpeg

D26A4BF1-2C45-42C9-9771-DF95BFCB71C3.jpeg

F6F3575C-92FE-459C-8809-60BF93E58736.jpeg

E728CC1D-24A6-4BDE-A47E-4780386D3BF6.jpeg

8A5E171E-C20A-4EA7-B35E-22C550E57B67.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cuzzie said:

If I was up north east, it would probably be clumsy me popping in for a play and my jaw dropping on it, it’s such a good looking beast

Well mate if you ever are you’re more than welcome. Plenty P basses here to A/B it against too. Played a mates ‘62 last week, unreal! This one is bloody magnificent though. Gigging it next weekend at WV1 Fest see how it sits live ( after I put flats on tomorrow 😉)

• Like 1

I'm not the biggest fan of relic jobs but love the look of this one.  Think I'd be saving up for Spitfire plate (I really don't know how the CS can justify the stuff they're currently knocking out - I've had a few and always replace the plates)

5 minutes ago, DJ '65 said:

Ok cool, I have a charity gig on Sunday but think we are playing about 6 ish so gonna try and comes across, would like to see the band and the bass!

Cool man, gimme a shout if you manage to get over. Was canny last year, great crowd. Dunno if it’s sold out but can chuck you on guest list if it is. 

1 minute ago, DJ '65 said:

Nice one, it’s a shame this charity gig was arranged for the same weekend but will let you know. Probably going on Sat too to see my mate H in Dizzy Lizzy. I’m sure it’s going to be a great weekend though.

Aye they’re a great idea like. See you there man 🤘

I know I don’t really get relicing , but who in their right mind would refinish a gorgeous Candy Apple Red with boring old white? Surely relicing should be of an original colour and therefore showing bare wood?  Doesn’t refinish normally devalue a vintage instrument? I glad it plays like a dream.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I know I don’t really get relicing , but who in their right mind would refinish a gorgeous Candy Apple Red with boring old white? Surely relicing should be of an original colour and therefore showing bare wood?  Doesn’t refinish normally devalue a vintage instrument? I glad it plays like a dream.

It’s not a vintage mate it’s a Custom Shop and Yeah relic is marmite but I love it so 🤷‍♂️